New
Find
Notify
Tools

alright now I am embarassed
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
So during the winter I did accumulate a few new guns, only 6 or 7 though. None of these have yet gotten bloodied on a crat, even though they were made up for that purpose. So last night a yellow crat came into the yard.MY YARD. well, the long and short of the story is that the damn thing escaped by the time I had made up my mind what to shoot it with. I spent the rest of the night with my head under a pillow

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
Quit thinking and act.
Put out some bait and start shooting..

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might try keeping a different gun by each door. Then when you see something, you just grab the gun that is handy. Saves the time of going to the safe. Of course, If you get lots of company that might be disturbed by guns sitting around (or thieves), you might just have to decide ahead of time which gun will be used first and set up a rotation plan.

There is nothing that cannot be accomplished with brute force and ignorance

Posts: 145 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
the long and short

There's the problem. Mixing ammo causes a lot of confusion. I saw pics of a .270 Weatherby once. It had fired a 7mm Rem. Mag, and it was quite a fine mess! Eeker

When I have new guns I haven't blooded yet I just pick one and use it till it's done the deed. Notably this does not work with women. How many Muslims up in Muslim Heaven don't get laid because they can't decide upon which of the 72 choices he has? Then after that he doesn't get any because all 72 got their knickers in a knot about it. Frowner Well, that's another fine mess and probably enought to make a guy convert to Paganism or some other religion anyway. Some kinda Heaven they got with that deal. Frowner

Hey Butch, I gotta an idea!. Get a drilling next time! You may not pull the right trigger but you'll at least grab the right gun! thumb Now, write on the chalk board 1,000 times, "I will NEVER let a crat get away again. If I do I'll package up all my guns and send 'em to somebody like DD so they will be properly used." Wink

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.GoodThingItDidnt.Charge!

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
It is quite effective to mine strategic spots in the yard with conibears. I put snares and #2&1/2 longsprings in the catnip patch.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
A variation on an old theme .... Guns, guns everywhere and nothing to drop the stinking..

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please don't be embaressed .What you must do is draw up a roster mon to Sun & alocate a rifle of choice to be at hand on that day.There by limiting choices in the spur of the moment bewildered

all times wasted wot's not spent shootin

Posts: 569 | Location: Flinders Ranges. South Australia | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a similar problem this morning Butch. Damn crat moaning outside of the window and by the time I got the slingshot and out the door the POS had disappeared. My attitude is that eventually I WILL get it and the taking will be that much more satisfying! thumb
Now, I am off bear hunting with a couple of buddies that insist on dragging me along just to hear the tales of ARSGH dareing do! Big Grin derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote