THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    SHIT HITTING THE FAN ON THE CRAT FORUM

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SHIT HITTING THE FAN ON THE CRAT FORUM
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of flutedchamber
posted
Check out the crat forum. Some people from the small game forum have posted there and started the proverbial shit storm. clap

As my late brother used to say; If you can't piss off at least one person a day you are not doing your best.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

You can trust the government. Look how well they took care of the American Indian...

Posts: 425 | Location: New Jersey The state sucks, but it's better than living in France. | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So I went and looked and there is no "shit hitting the fan" just a halfwit or 2 running off at the mouth.
Perhaps someone should spend more time in the ignorance crater to better vent their frustrations. derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Any particular threads on the crat forum??

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
I don't know if you meant the silencer thread, but guys, we let a shit fly in here.

If you want to invade the cat forum I might have to strangle a few cats in here.

Thanks for being so understanding.

I hate cats too, but some of our misguided members have their little cubby hole and I will protect their rights.

Don

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
I leave them fellers pretty much alone.They don't take teasing lightly.

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again (at the risk of being labeled a wuss):
Why does anyone on this forum bother going to the Cat forum?
Do you want to show some of them the error of their ways? Well, you can only teach someone who is willing to learn.
Do you want to taunt them? What does that accomplish? It just allows them to dismiss us as merely cruel.
Are you bored? If that's the problem, go clean a gun. Or reload some ammo. Or do some shooting. Or work on your cat traps.
Think about this. The one good thing about the Cat forum is that maybe some of the responsible cat owners can influence the slackers to act more responsibly. If you go over there stirring up shit, they'll just get defensive and the only good that can come of that forum is lost.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, thats plain enough. beer

Speaking of SHTF, I don't know where that phrase was coined, but I know that it took a new meaning back in the '70s, during a passenger flight by DC-9 somewhere out in the Southwest. Hughes Air West IIRC. One of the pumpout ports for the rear lavatories was leaking and a rather substantial clump of ice formed outside the plane. You guessed it, when the flight descended the temperture went up, the ice clump broke away and...drum roll please...went into the fan section of #2. Eeker My memory of the details is vague, mostly 'cause I got over playing with shit a great long time back. Don't think much about it anymore either. IIRC the flight lost the entire engine and nacelle. Red Face Well, I'll bet maint. was pleased that they didn't have to clean the SOTF, so to speak.

Just shows ta go ya, shit happens, even up there. Maybe especially up there. Frowner

You guys know how to tell a story from a war story? War stories all start out "This is no shit..." The other ones are less structured and unpredictable. "Like wow man! Me and Salley..." or "Dude, you won't believe this..."

This is no shit. I was flying over in Nam one day in a Huey at 10,000'. The transmission siezed, the rotor system separated from the airframe...all I had was a silkworm and a needle. Boy were we busy! wave

Dan

POTYHC

www.McGyversGotNothing.OnMe

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
quote:
The other ones are less structured and unpredictable. "Like wow man! Me and Salley..." or "Dude, you won't believe this..."

Or,"Dear Penthouse, I never thought this would happen to me"......
Smiler

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
holy meow batman - does mean that there are actually people out there that really like crats? i mean other than shooting them!

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Crat owners generally think their shit don't stink. I have a different opinion for the most part. There are those than keep them inside thru eternity. I don't mind that 'cept when you visit and the little bastids rub all over you, as if "you wouldn't hurt ME would you?". Of course I would...just show up.

Dan

POTYHC

www.AintNeverMetA.BulletProofCrat

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love cats; and dogs, but not wanting to keep a dog in town, I let my wife and kids talk me into bringing a couple of kittens from Mom and Dad's back home. They are house cats; you know the scoop, pun intended. They're alright, I guess. Dad and mom live on a farm and have many cats. I like most of them too. BUT!!!!!
I really like having pheasants, quail, and songbirds too. As much as I like the cats, any I find that have ventured over 1/4 mile from home ain't hunting mice and rats around the barn and out buildings. Even they know they are on shaky ground. Ever try to call a tame cat to you that's away from the house. Wouldn't take them a week to go back to native. They are natural born hunters and killers and are very adept at cleaning up smaller dinner courses than themselves. Like I said; I really do like cats. I like them around the barn and I like them dead when they're too far away. Just how I see it. JP

Posts: 217 | Location: SW of Dodge City | Registered: 18 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yeah and then i had a friend who crat had crattens and one crals up on me and proceeds to use my nose as a cratching pole. little 0*$#&(#*$^@#&#@(#(*&$
(#*$@)@#*%&#$@*@#$)#@(*#&#$*#@)#*&$& flew as he had never flown before, & the guy could pay for his own damn broken window

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, my grandma had cats at her barn and I never thought twice about it. It was a nice little ecosystem. The cats stayed in the barn and took care of rodents. Grandma put just enough catchow in there to keep them there and supplement their rodent diet. The cats stayed in the barn because there were dogs waiting for some sport outside. When the cat population exceeded the "carrying capacity" of the barn some cats ended up outside, and then it was all over but the crying. The cats did their job, and the dogs kept the cat population in check. The problems start when "cat lovers" create a situation where the feline population is not subject to checks and balances. Then it falls on the rest of us to deal with a predator population that is out of control. The frustration inherent in this situation and the dilusional mentality of a lot of "cat lovers" is the source of much of my attitude toward them.

One of Us
Picture of flutedchamber
posted Hide Post
Yes, I did mean the silencer thread.

I went to the crat forum just to see what was there...sort of like passing a slut bar and going inside to see if ther is any new talent on the pole. I do own a Weimaraner, 3 cats, inside, and snipe cats that run wild. I guess you could say I am a cat owner with common sense, and can still remember one cat who used my sandbox as a litter box when I was about 3 years old.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

You can trust the government. Look how well they took care of the American Indian...

Posts: 425 | Location: New Jersey The state sucks, but it's better than living in France. | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 03 March 2006 23:09
yeah and then i had a friend who crat had crattens and one crals up on me and proceeds to use my nose as a cratching pole. little 0*$#&(#*$^@#&#@(#(*&$
(#*$@)@#*%&#$@*@#$)#@(*#&#$*#@)#*&$& flew as he had never flown before, & the guy could pay for his own damn broken window

Now thats funny! I had the biggest yellow tom cat that I've ever seen sneaking around in one of my fields tonight when I was setting gopher traps needless to say the 243 loaded up hot with 55g ballistic tips wasn't so kind to him Big Grin

I got a story for ya.....was coon hunting at night with a guy several years ago and his dog treed something, when we got to the tree this guy was laughing cause it was a big white tom cat. He said "watch this" I'm gonna shoot em in the leg so he hits the ground alive and let the dog take him. He was a pretty good sized hound so this guy shoots the cat comes flying out of the tree and the dog hits the cat as it hits the ground, all hell breaks loose, the cat wraped its claws around the back of that dogs ears dug in and proceeded to mow chow this dogs nose! That poor damned dog sounded like he just grabbed ahold of a 200lbs cougar.....ki yi ing his lungs out. The owner runs over and starts kicking the cat tring to get it off his dog, finally did, but I was laughing so hard I was almost on the ground, he didn't think it was all the funny.

Posts: 439 | Location: USA | Registered: 01 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The difference between a fairy tale and a sea story is that a fairy tale begins with "Once upon a time..." and a sea story starts out "This is no shit..."
Anyway,
A shipmate of mine was living in north california with his fluffyhumping 2nd wife. She had a big siamese tom that tolerated his intrusion into its home (his words). The people across the road had a German shepherd that was a known biter. They kept the dog on a chain inside a chain link fence. The cat used to walk back and forth in his front yard, teasing the dog into a lather. One day the dog broke his chain and came over the fence. This guy's 2 year old was playing outside and his wife starts shrieking that the dog is going to get the young'un. Then the dog sees the cat and goes for him. He chases the cat around the house, but when they come around the other side the cat is on the dog's back with his back claws dug into the dogs shoulders and his front claws digging its eyes. The dog never came back in his yard.
Here's the thing. This guy knew how I felt about cats. He tried to tell me that the cat was defending his "family". I said "No the cat was thinking 'Hey! You can't eat that juicy little slave. I was saving him for myself!"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some excellent replys guys and more tan a few laughs!
DD, I don't dare say "My shit doesn't stink. Hell, most evenings I can't even stand myself with these gut problems! Roll Eyes
Flying lessons, yup, been there too. Neither of our crats will sleep with me anymore. The last time the white one tried that I woke up with the "flash impression" of a white blur going out the open bedroom door 4 feet off of the ground. The aforementioned door is 5 feet from the foot of the bed.
Don, I seldom take offence at anyone or anything and I haven't there either. If I don't like someone or their views, I just remain polite and ignore them. Heck, isn't that the Canadian way! Big Grin
Where the hell was I going with this?? Confused Damned short term memory. Mad Oh well, wave for now! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have noted, and I think I'm correct, that those cat saved the "child" stories, the cat "woke us from sleep to escape our burning house" stories, and and any and all similar stories are the pure fabrication of wishful thinking by cat lovers. A simple review of the animal nature of the cat suggests this. A pet dog on the other hand is part of a pack and dogs operate differently because of their pack mentality. Brassb is right! But I understand those who keep a cat. They undoubtedly WANT litterbox paw prints on the kitchen counters, and enjoy the aroma of cat piss in the laundry room. Besides, some like the cat hair in their food. I've never personally observed a weenie dog on the dining room table, but a crat, yes. Truth is tough, eh?

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
After having many dogs and some cats I finally decided I didn't enjoy the negatived aspects of living in a
kennel with a smelly cat box also. That day all animals were exiled to the outside. The house was stripped of
all carpets and fabric covered furniture. The whole inside of the house was washed down, the heater ducting
was replaced, and new carpets installed. My allegies are under control and the house smells good. And I want to thank the cats for some fun target shooting. You own dogs, you just feed cats. Easy decision.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N. S. Sherlock:
quote:

I have noted, and I think I'm correct, that those cat saved the "child" stories, the cat "woke us from sleep to escape our burning house" stories, and and any and all similar stories are the pure fabrication of wishful thinking by cat lovers.

I am going to have to disagree here with you NS. Cats are generally about as smart as horses. Cats also have tiny paws that cannot manipulate a doorknob. So, the cat wakes up it's captors in order to save it's own worthless ass(another cat trait). It isn't fabrication, it is just misinterpretation! Roll Eyes Wink derf

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cats are generally about as smart as horses

Hmmm, I wonder if Jesse Jackson has filed suit on that yet...all things considered I suspect he's a dumb ass...

Dan

POTYHC

www.Peckin.Orders