Find
Notify
Tools

Confession
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crimson Mister
posted
I have four cats. There, I've said it! When I bought this 100 acre place 4 years ago I inherited 2 cats with the farm. One was a very friendly cat the other was an asshole but every time I saw her she had a mouse in her mouth so she still lives. The friendly one stayed around the house for a year(then died) bewildered and the asshole got pregnant. (every three months) Mad This was never a problem until the kittens started surviving about a year ago. They would always get to the point that they came out of the nest and were scurrying around and then disappear. I can't take credit though, I think it was hawks, owls, or coyotes. Anyway, we've got asshole and three kids. Asshole lives, she's earned it. Kid 1 hunts hard and hates people. She lives too. Kid three and four are worthless and never leave the patio. They must die but I have to come up with a good line to tell my 8 y/o daughter about what happened to Tuxedo and Fraidy. Any help would be appreciated.

Some people are a lot like Slinkies: They're not good for much but it's kind of fun to push them down a flight of stairs.

Posts: 772 | Location: Norwalk, Wisconsin | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If they just disapper you didn't have to say anything gunsmile

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yup, disappear is good. I primed my kids when we lived on the farm by telling them they went off to become "wild kitties." After awhile, you can use that one for just about anything. Like, pick up your toys, or the kittens will become "wild kitties" and run away.

One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
It was the owls. They hunt at night.

At least thats what I told mine.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
One time, when an entire litter of kitties disappeared one by one, I suspected owls. However, I knew for sure, when my kids brought up a piece of owl scat that contained a tightly wrapped piece of kitten tail colored suspiciously like "Buttons".

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Some of those owls hunt with firearms!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Time she learned the facts of life anyway.

There is nothing that cannot be accomplished with brute force and ignorance

Posts: 145 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got a confession too.
I married a cat lover.
There, I said it.
I've been leaving Wal Mart gift cards out in the road, trying to get her run over, but she's quick for a big chick. (Hey, it works with other critters!)
I guess I'll just have to settle for letting her bring home the entertainment and hope she doesn't tumble to the fact that I'm the coyote/dog/car/hawk that disappears them.

one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've been leaving Wal Mart gift cards out in the road, trying to get her run over

rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote