New
Find
Notify
Tools

Technology Issue?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
N.S. posted a couple of months ago about pushing the envelope on technology. Let's consider this development:

My buddy usually left his garage door up 6" or so to get some cooling, and he also stored his fishing tackle in the garage. Being a true "ready at the drop of a hat" guy, he doesn't take the lures off his rods when he hangs them up. Many times the hooks come out of the guides and the lures are gently swaying in the breeze (anyone see where this is headed?)

Well, one day I was at his house and we heard a hellacious racket coming from the garage. When we got there, his favorite rod and reel had caught a kritten unassisted. Seems (at least as we could reconstruct) that the kritten saw the lure swinging, took a swipe at it with a front paw, got hooked, swiped at it with the other front paw and got hooked, grabbed it with its mouth, and got hooked, and then tried to use a hind foot to get unhooked, with the exact same result. So, I found out really quickly that laughing wasn't the best thing to do, and tthat taking bets on how long it would take to get the remaining leg hooked wasn't either. Then I got "hooked" into driving him to the vet Mad to get the problem taken care of. $80 bucks later we are back at his house and I opined that he spent good money for a bad reason, that I could have solved the problem with a trashcan full of water.

Well, he hasn't called me in several years, so I guess we weren't as good friends as I thought.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

Picture of HiTekRednek
posted Hide Post
I've noticed that technology is very nice in ridding the world of crat infestation, but not absolutely necessary. While the laser air rifle sight was enjoyable; I believe the most fun I have ever derived from the antics of "Fluffy" and her kin is when I was but a young and not hitek rednek. Seems that Grandpa had put out some "glue strips"(about 8x10 inch pieces of super stickum-sorta flypaper on steroids) for capturing a clever mouse in the workshop. Said mouse leapt into the middle of one sheet to get a morsel of bait and got stuck. The worthless, back alley reprobate of a crat that hung about the boat dock area had come mooching for a handout and saw lunch sitting rathe calmly on said stickum. Said worthless reprobate of the feline world then proceeded to get the stickum sheet hopelessly ensnarled about its face. At the tender age that I was, I attempted to help the moocher out of its plight- but being the independent sort-it refused my assistance in a violent display of claws,hisses,and snarls. Apparently after I dropped it when it clawed at me,the sticky stuff completely enclosed both nostrils and its mouth and tongue. After a few minutes of blindly running into walls, car tires,bricks,etc,the tabby gave up and went to its eternal rewazrd. Hopefully it had a reserved trash can waiting on the other side to root in for eternity.

...in hollow points we trust...

Posts: 13 | Location: 10 miles from nowhere...surrounded by idiots | Registered: 29 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hitek, that's a sticky wicket fer sure! Big Grin

I gots to ask you a personal question... We have a member here that used to have the same handle, then because of a rift in the space time continuum had to change his name. Later on he became HTRN...I'm guessing you aren't the same fella, right? He's from New Yawk.

Dan

POTYHC

www.CratForum.Conundrum

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey hey hey this give me a whole new idea - fish'n for crats. little tuna bait on a daredevil & you don't know what kind of a fight you may be in for. salute you could cast over the neighbors fence, hook onto old pussy and drag her over the fence, kick'n and scratch'n the whole way moonmaybe it'd even get on cabellas fish'n show

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of HiTekRednek
posted Hide Post
quote:
I gots to ask you a personal question... We have a member here that used to have the same handle, then because of a rift in the space time continuum had to change his name. Later on he became HTRN...I'm guessing you aren't the same fella, right? He's from New Yawk.

NO- I got turned towards this forum by a hunting buddy of mine I worked with in the Illinois Department of Corrections as an officer. The 2 times I went to New Yawk I counted the seconds until I left........

...in hollow points we trust...

Posts: 13 | Location: 10 miles from nowhere...surrounded by idiots | Registered: 29 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Seems (at least as we could reconstruct) that the kritten saw the lure swinging, took a swipe at it with a front paw, got hooked, swiped at it with the other front paw and got hooked, grabbed it with its mouth, and got hooked, and then tried to use a hind foot to get unhooked, with the exact same result.........

dustoffer,this would be a great time to show off yer Baitcasting skills.
Maybe cast da kitty thru the ole tire swing.
Better yet,make believe the space between opposing traffic is a nice hole of Crappy.....

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crimson Mister
posted Hide Post
Hey Ned, lines baited! Time to find out the answer to the question about the 26" Muskie. clap

Rich Big Grin

Some people are a lot like Slinkies: They're not good for much but it's kind of fun to push them down a flight of stairs.

Posts: 772 | Location: Norwalk, Wisconsin | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote