Find
Notify
Tools

No small game in evidence
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted
No small game in evidence just now, so I am compelled by reading other forums here to ask just what is the most vile beast to contend with? Is it starlings as some would say? Is it camel spiders?, Piss ants? CATS?

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Junk yard dogs and dimocrats IMO. Both deserve to be shot but you get in trouble for that if you're not very careful.

Skunks aren't much fun either.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.Depressed.Dan

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
we get some really nasty creatures running around here at work most evenings, we call them First Diploma students nut. They don't even come up to the level of vermin in some peoples opinion, and they won't even let us put them out of our missery Frowner

Dave.

Posts: 386 | Location: Displaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
Religious missonaries, magazine solicitors, and possums.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lieberals, yup, definitely Lieberals!! mgun derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tree hugger's .... mgun

all times wasted wot's not spent shootin

Posts: 569 | Location: Flinders Ranges. South Australia | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
Skunks work best when shot at extreme range with a 22-250 with a very large scope.

======================================
Cleachdadh mi fo m' féileadh dé tha an m' osan.

Posts: 2172 | Location: Highlands of South Alabama, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DOK's comments about treehuggers being the worst kind of vermin to deal with brings to mind a bumper sticker I saw in Washington state several years ago. It read: "Are you an environmentalist, or do you work for a living?"

Cracked me up.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A recent FBI report to Congress noted that the potential for violent confrontation with domestic environmental groups such as PETA and ELF is likely in 2005. Why can't we just open a season and solve the problem?

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LR, now there's a good use for the -06 if I ever heard of one. I'd like to meet a crowd of those assholes head on one day, just for giggles of course. My giggles. gunsmile

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.Turds.OnParade

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
No small game???? Have you been to the local shopping mall in search of free kittens? How about the local livestock auction. Often there are free or cheap goats for weed eating. Let them clear out the weeds, enjoy some shooting, and have one large barbeque for all your cat hating friends. Just tell them that it is the other white meat.

Find some cat food on sale and set out the open cans in your back yard. There is bound to be some hungry target worthy cats around.

If nothing else hold a barbeque and invite all the local liberals. After the mass slaughter you can claim temporary insanity. Tell them that the yacking liberals started to look like cats to you and you went postal.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
Picture of Frosty03
posted Hide Post
Cat's ain't all that bad...I have a couple for rodent control. Strays are another matter. Beware the stray that digs a hole in my yard.

Or even worse, my horseshoe pit. The one's I have know better. I have took out a couple of toms that decided to crap where I play horseshoes. I was nice though with the last one. I let him finish his crap knowing it would be his last one. After his last tail flick, then I crossed his eyes with a subsonic round from the ol' double deuce.

The only thing I detest worse is a raccoon. Got a trap set tonight for the garbage pilferers.

I hate raccoons. They stink, are filthy, covered with mites, insects, get in the garbage, got in the attic one time too.

Once in the trap, the Walther P-22 with the can attached takes care of the bidness up close. If I catch one in the tree, then the can goes on the CZ. Pwooofft...Whop!!...fertilizer.

The neighbors? Clueless.

I like that.

Posts: 42 | Location: Florida | Registered: 11 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ah, and a CZ fan to boot. I have a bee-yu-tee-ful CZ452 with mannlicher stock. It's a tight little shooter for a "show gun".

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 45LCshooter
posted Hide Post
My boss has experienced an invasion of rats this past week or so. He's been by the window the past two nights and has busted quite a few. Used the air rifle to keep things quite, but was effective.

All that's gold does not glitter. Not all those who wander are lost.
--J.R.R. Tolkien

Never express yourself more clearly than you can think.
--Niels Bohr

Posts: 381 | Location: Kiowa, AL | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Old Elk Hunter,
You're sick enough to sit down at my table anytime!! Never thought of the malls with the girl scouts selling cookies with a cardboard box and looking for a new home for all those targets....how could that go wrong!! Mint chocolate chip cookies and kittys...stuff your face with cookies and turn those little darlings loose and give them a head start....You're brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OEH,

I forgot that I meant to share with you my secret lure....buy smoked oysters in flat cans packed in soy oil...open the can and drip the oil over the ground up wind of the intended candidate and eat the oysters and wait for them to respond. I think you could lure Howard Dean in with this stuff!!

The year of the .30-06!!