Find
Notify
Tools

Got my new coyote rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of gunz
posted
Well I traded off my savage 110 308 tactical parkerized 22 inch barrell for a savage 112 stainless fluted bull barrell with 26 inch barrell. I am excited, Now which scope to put on the new rifle? Thinking of prarie dog hunting and coyotes when I get back down south. Any thoughts on a particular scope? dont want to completely break the bank, but I aint putting a wal mart scope on it either.Something around 200-300 range. Suggestions? I have some bullet suggestion questions also. They will come later.

Most people are link slinkies, Basically useless but fun to push down the stairs.

Posts: 265 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of acsteele
posted Hide Post
Nikon Buckmaster 6X18X40

Check with Jon at the opticzone.com

They run $285, and are well worth the price.

Lt. Robert J. Dole, 10th Mountain, Italy.

Posts: 609 | Location: South-central KS | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Weaver is making some pretty fair glass these days, don't know how expensive the higher powered models are though. There is always the option of adding a few more bucks and getting a Leupold...

Dan

POTYHC

www.ScrewThe.Bank

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Leupold, Leupold, Leupold, but who's prejudiced?

I'd also recommend the Weaver Grand Slam series that Dan mentioned--the 4.5-14 is a good power range.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another really good place to shop for glass is SWFA. Look under riflescopes.com

one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nikon Buckmaster 6X18X40

Midway has it on sale for $230.

dang cheap!

I have the 4.5-14x40 AO model and love it! I should be buying this one too, but I am more inthe market for a compact 2-7 or 3-9 right now.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of panzerguy
posted Hide Post
Lots of varmint hunters on this and other forums have been singing the praises of Mueller. Their web-site is www.muelleroptics.com

Posts: 278 | Location: Wherever I park my tank | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunz
posted Hide Post
Well thanks for the tips. Sorry but I am the anti leupold. Just never had good luck with them personally. Not saying they are bad, just I personally havent had good luck with them. I think I have the field narrowed down. I know its over budget but I like the elite 4200 by BSA. I will let you know what I end up with

Most people are link slinkies, Basically useless but fun to push down the stairs.

Posts: 265 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of worriedman
posted Hide Post
I like the 4200 Elite by Bushnell, I am, shall we say, a little rotund, (sweat like a pig) and in the cold weather every other scope I own fogs up on the outside when I get close to it, the Rainguard stuff works really well for me, and the glass is decent.

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress." Mark Twain

Posts: 742 | Location: West Tennessee | Registered: 27 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dman
posted Hide Post
I'm really liking the Burris 4.5x14 Fullfield II.

About $285 if you look around on the net. The ballistic plex reticle works nicely and might actually be made in USA.. Maybe not. Check one out.

Posts: 44 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: 17 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dman
posted Hide Post
When I compared them at the store, the Burris was brighter and had better resolution than the buckmaster SF which was my second choice. Of course, that was in the store results may vary.

Posts: 44 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: 17 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Coyote Caller
posted Hide Post
I just put a Nikon Monarch UCC 5.5 x 16.5 on mine. I was goint to get the 6.5 x 20 on it but i didnt like the big target knobs on it for calling coyotes. It would prolly be better for benchrest shooting but i do a lot fo hunting with mine.

Posts: 56 | Location: Utah | Registered: 13 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunz
posted Hide Post
I am not to worried about the target knobs, We will see how i feel in a year or so though. I bought this 223 to relieve my 270 of coyote killin duty so I have a great hunting rifle, Several others as well. This will be primarily for coyotes and varmits. And target plinkin.