THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    Re: In the spirit of Ned's suggestion...

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: In the spirit of Ned's suggestion...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted
May need several it seems, smoothbore and rifled might be a start. I would like to suggest the rifled weapon be named after a member who has contributed a lot, say, Mr. Derf, so the thing could be called the Derf Cat Passport.

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Welcome JD,,,,7.65x38 seems a little too close to a 7.62x39 for it to really take off.I have a few k98 barrels and one mauser action I found this morning while digging around my vault,,Thinking maby a 8mm/06 is in order Have fun!!!!Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jdhawg
posted Hide Post
Hey claybuster thanks for the welcome. Most people think the same as you until they look up the ballistics. Page 55 of "Cartridges of the Cat Hunter" by Selous or somebody like that usually makes them take a second glance. and then a third. This was the first of the short, fat magnums. Germans always were ahead of us. That Mauser of yours would be perfect for conversion to this caliber.

one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
You need the other side of the story there JD,,I have a few buckets of 06 brass on hand,,,and a couple of ammo cans of the stuff loaded.
The 8mm is a literally smashing round,,nestled in that bit longer /06 case. Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Derfkattenundpassporten

JMO

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.LearninDas.Krauten

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote