New
Find
Notify
Tools

First sighting of the year...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Li'l Bob slithered into the creek yesterday evening just before dark, first time I've seen him since the Windy Days. He done growed a bit, about 6' now and filled out some. I think he was lookin' for some crat to snack on... When he begins to develope a pattern to his visits I shall try to arrange some feeding pics. Wink

Speaking of feeding, I went to a terrible Mexican place in Crystal River after Bob showed up. 'Tis a shame we have no GOOD Messican Cuisine in the area. I smell OPPORTUNITY for any of you in the Messican Cuisine bidness. Ya know I have yet to see "Gato" on any menu in any such restaurant, in any form, not even as an appetizer. Is that what they mean by "developing nation"? Confused They haven't caught up with the finer points of life? bewildered

I think I'll whip up some Tex-Mex Taco variations and ship 'em UPS to Vicente. Mebbe he'll choke on 'em, mebbe he'll like 'em, who knows?

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Ground.Brown

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Dan,,,,I gave the boys 4 or 5 hours after the bus dropped them off to say welcome back,,There was also a truck with the keys in it,by thier house,,,They were having dinner when I got there,,,which I was offered and obliged,,,,I knew that the stuff hadn't been sitting on the stove for god knows how long,,,Damn good eats!!!!!Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Dan,

My old Grandpa had his Port Charlotte canal gators trained to come when he stommped his feet on the ground at his seawall. He loved watching the neighbor ladies run for their foo foo poddles cuz they knew it was feeding time. Even the canal fish learned what was going on, the water would literally boil with animals.

So do you have two gators- Li'l Bob and Big Al?

Sorry about your yucky south of the border food experience, you probably did get a good case of gas out of it anyway.

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
quote:
a shame we have no GOOD Messican Cuisine in the area

If you're ever over this'away, I know of a BUNCH of good places...if you aren't too picky on knowing 'xactly what you are eatin! It helps to speak Tex-Mex too, the waitresses usually struggle with English.

www.AvoidTheMenudo.Don'tLightAMatch

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CDH I may take you up on that, last decent Mex cooking I had was in the Big D a few years back.

Ann, yes, Big Al and Li'l Bob. Actually there's a shitload on them in the river but these two panhandlers are the only ones that wander into my crick. Funny about the foo-foos, liked that visual! Wink

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Gators.LookinForTrouble

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Dan, I think that the tender young goat that so many love to serve for special occasions is often el Gato.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
eek2