Find
Notify
Tools

New method
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted
I was at a friend shop today, he had 2 cats hanging around and wanted to get rid of them. I saw one and got it with the 22-250. He had the other cornered in the building. I made a drive to him, he grabbed a frog gig and when the cat went behind an oil drum speared it with the gig! after a little commotion it was done, I have never killed one that way, it does work!!Not pretty but it is a dead cat and that is what counts

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crat gigin! Hmmm
Sounds like a hoot!
I will have to give some extra points on that one!
Thanks for sharing!

http://www.thegigsup.com

Guns and ammo what more do we need?

Posts: 214 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
If you are going to do developement on this method I would suggest you invest in a larger gig. There are models of appropriate size for cats and larger fish that might give better results.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
A pitch fork should do the job nicely not necessarily a quick dispatch, but the sound should draw in more targets of opportunity.

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sure do like frog leags, but not sure sure about crat legs

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
Taste like chicken?

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Elkman, the only higher style would be with a gaff. I've been promoting that at the Spear Hunting Forum off and on for some time, but alas, none seem to have the courage. Frowner Well, good for you guys! I've always like the idea of speared pussy myself, never considered the gig though. Quick thinking! beer

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.Gig.Jig

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flippy:
Taste like chicken?

With Sweet & Sour Big Grin

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
I got one once with a very nice Dewey cleaning rod that had a .30 calibre spear tip jag installed at the time. Turns out a down angle quartering away jab ends up with complete pass through with enough impact left to ruin the rod. I did not include that in my earlier post so as to not encoutage calibre experimentation.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote