Find
Notify
Tools

17HMR
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted
One of my friends let me know he was selling a bunch of his guns and I noticed there was a bull barrel savage in there in .17 HMR. I didn't think twice about getting it Cool I really like that it was an accutrigger like my other savage.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a cute little rifle there! What model is it? I've been wanting one since .17HMR came out, Savage normally sells for a good price.

________

"...And on the 8th day, God created beer so those crazy Canadians wouldn't take over the world..."

Posts: 539 | Location: Winnipeg, MB. | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a .17 HMR in a Marlin rifle, and all my friends ended up with one, either in a Savage like yours or a Marlin like mine, they all shoot pretty similarly. It is pure death on ground hogs inside 100 yards (I've gotten them out to 150, I believe), and squirrels as far as you can see in the woods. Great rifles, I haven't seen one that didn't shoot very well. Congrats!

I heal fast and don't scar.

Posts: 433 | Location: Monessen, PA | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

Mikey- Its the 93r17gv! I was a little on the fence about getting a .17hmr since I already had a 22lr but I think they are in two different classes as I have watched bullets move off course pretty bad passed 100 yards.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got a CZ 452 American in 17HMR. Only complaint I have is that the ammo itself is a bit pricey, I think.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote