Find
Notify
Tools

New small game smoker
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted
I picked up a marlin 980 dl the other day,,With all the ginger bread you don't see these days,,oil finish walnut stock,that hides minor scratches,gold plated trigger,grip cap w/whiteline trim,,same on buttstock.mounted with a weaver b4 3/4" scope,,the whole package fits the timeline. Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Gee, I thought that you have a restrant report from the "Golden Chopstix's". Or a new line of outdoor cooking equipment.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had even darker thoughts Clay, and wondered how you lit them...and if you inhaled. bewildered

Dan

POTYHC

www.ButNowI.Understand

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
This thing lights my candles!! A 1954,,1960 something .22wrm,,with a weaver B4 scope mounted,,probably bought at the same time,Bout 90% blue,,all and all,and the thing is a tack driver,,clover leafs @ 50 yds.,,Not going to sleep right untill I can give it a go at 100 yds,,Trigger feels like about 3 lbs. max,,I'm gonna smoke the snot out of some stuff with this thing,,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DigitalDan:
I had even darker thoughts Clay, and wondered how you lit them...and if you inhaled. bewildered

Dan

POTYHC

www.ButNowI.Understand

Dan, maybe he is using a cratpipe. lol

Hog Killer

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All right CB, put us out of our misery and make us sick with envy, What did you pay for it? derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
$120 out the door,,Clay

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
quote:

Congratulations of a great new tool. The perfect cat smoker!

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
Photos, groups, and results on Kratz!!!

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Clay, of late I've noticed that I shoot better with old guns than new, certainly when I'm offhand. There must be some kinda Karma thing goin' on there...or Sutra...I forget which. Congrats on the new piece, it is always fun to find one that some fool let get away! thumb

But then, 95% of the people that buy guns don't know how to make them sing, or so it seems.

Dan

POTYHC

www.WhisperSweetNothingsInto.TheChamber

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
They just dont make'm like that any more, I had an old REM 510 single that shot VERY well..

Dwindling the worlds lead supply one cat at a time!!

Posts: 407 | Location: Right here ! | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HTRN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hog Killer:
Gee, I thought that you have a restrant report from the "Golden Chopstix's". Or a new line of outdoor cooking equipment.

Hog Killer

Ask and ye shall receive.

HTRN

Posts: 261 | Location: In my Subterranean lair, okay, I admit it, it's a basement | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Had one of those at one time-only with a Browning 4x rimfire scope (still have it on my Sheriday 5mm). Killed a bunch of tree rats and crows with it too. But, as poor college students usually do--succumbed to an offer of sufficient cash to keep me in beer for a couple of weeks.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the congrats guy's,older,.22's and .22wrms,,are getting harder and harder to find that are'nt all beat to hell,,And I have a soft spot for them,,I have a feeling this one was part of an estate sale.I know what you're talking about there Dan,,they shure do have an affinity for thier intended target thumbClay

one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
B.t.w.,,,Hogkiller,,If you're interested in smoking your bag of game,,,I think Derf built a rather large and very nice smoker a while ago,,,,Maby ask him about it,,Clay www.smokemifyougotem.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I smoked some Mink with the Accord but that was it for me. Must have been someone else CB. derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by claybuster:
B.t.w.,,,Hogkiller,,If you're interested in smoking your bag of game,,,I think Derf built a rather large and very nice smoker a while ago,,,,Maby ask him about it,,Clay www.smokemifyougotem.com

No thanks, I built a smoker in 1977. I still use it every now and then. It has a gooseneck hitch and a single axle.

Hog Killer