Find
Notify
Tools

Was I too blunt???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted
What do you think about this. I posted this under the CAT forum and a lot of people have read it but not one cat lover has responded. Was I too blunt???? I was just asking about a behavior I have witnessed hundreds of times in my life.

Posted at the CAT forum:

"I've always thought it strange that a cat owner will watch a cat groom itself which generally includes licking its butt, and then let the cat
come up and lick their own face. Are cat owners really that dumb or do they harbor a supressed desire to be able to lick their own butts."

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
I gotta 'come outta the closet' on this one.
I have a couple of indoor crats myself.To even get them to go outside to the car for a ride to the Vet is harder than pullin' teeth.
I too have watched em lick their butts and wonder why they won't touch their exspensive crat food.
Do they make 'butt-flavor' Kibbles?
Thank God neither ever wants to lick my face,much less have anything to do with me.

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OEH, crat people are a weird lot on their best day. Personally I couldn't speak to butt licking fetishes but a few years before his death Lewis Grizzard commented about a conversation by two Georgia fans regarding Uga, that being the U of G mascot, a rather disreputable English Bulldog. Actually, this leads my mind further astray, and I wonder what tear in the English psyche led them to claim the variety as their own. A reasonable person would have let the French do that, or perhaps the Germans.

But I digress. It was halftime, and the overheard conversation went something like this:

Jimbo: (As Uga licked his balls on the 50 yard line) Jimmy, lookit at Uga! I shore wishet I could do that! thumb
Jimmy: Jimbo, that dog'll bite you! shame

Well, many people live vicariously in many ways. Since Uncle Walt applied the salts of anthropromorphism to the animal kingdom, the world has never been the same! Commie Bastard he was too! Mad I guess some folk just don't have the courage to lick their cat's asses, and think that they are being clever in that they can disguise their whimsey by the crat's proxy. Not unlike the Ron White Theorum about all men being gay. What we do by proxy without knowledge is truly frightening sometimes. EekerAs an example, my EX, a certifiable crat lover, never dreamt to what degree she slept with the enemy. Never imagined how many times THAT finger also stroked the trigger during other quests. Wink

I suppose I have morphed this thread to points unintended, and quite likely undesired, so I'll leave it at that. Good hunting to all, there is no vacuum like the perfect vacuum I say! beer

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Assholes.Anonymous

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Old Elk Hunter I resolved that question for myself years ago. Most cat owners are not that dumb and do not have a secret desire to lick their own butts. No more so than dog owners or vietnamese pig owners, or even parrot owners. However there are a noticeable few kissy-face cat freaks who who have the a desire to be like a cat: i.e., lick a cat's but, because a cat licks it arse. This is like those diseased humans who are excited by farmyard animals, or those who tattoo their entire bodies in leopard spot patterns.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Poletax, you take cat to doctor~san for good mear? Li hear you are what eat, think now charge extra for strong hearthy cat at GCII, what you think GI? Confused What time dinner? Confused Maybe Li bring froorshow, dancing ninja! thumb Have numba 1 time! jump

Li take rong hot shower now, beau bubbres. Cool OOOOAAAHHHH!

one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
I saw your post there too. I'm surprised no one came back swinging also. I garee with you on the licking, I love all dogs but no way is one going to lick my face either

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
Digital Dan,

Several of my cousins are U Of G alumni. Also some Georgia Tech's. You hear the damndest things at football games. As for Uncle Walt, he set hunting back a long ways when he brought out the Bambi movie. I was one of the first kids through the gate the day Uncle Walt opened Disney Land for the first time. Many times on TV they showed Uncle Walt at his desk. Right behind him on the wall was his framed Dishonorable Discharge. Normal people would have hid that kind of document. When I see pet owners getting face licked I cringe.
I know they like their pets a lot, and I have too, but simple health concerns get ignored. I have heard it said that the human mouth is a lot worse off than the average butt. Even so, I'll pass on the pet licks.

I hope that I got at least one pet owner to think about the problem.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
HA HA! Li see movie one time carred "Bambi versus Godzilla". It very short movie. HA HA! roflmao