Find
Notify
Tools

D.O.T.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted
I was out in the yard just now, when I spotted some movement at about 100 yds. Went to fetch the Low Wall (22 Mag) and my monopod shoooting stick. Could not find anything at first. Finally I did a crat hiss, then I saw it stick it's head up, it was sitting on it's haunches, facing me. At the shot, it disappeared in to the high grass. Then it gave me the satisfaction of seeing it do three flip-flops, and it was over. Turned out to be an orange tom crat. The Remington 33gr V-Max did an excellent job, no exit from about 45 yds.

So, Dead Orange Tom mgun

The song dogs, will not have to chase this one. I guess they are one reason I do not see crats around here. I sure would like to have a good neighbor like Li'l Bob, to clean up. clap

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Good Job. I think a person could do a thousand of these and not one would have a collar.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been hearing some good things about that load HK, and after initial sight-in shall try some in my 94/22M. I'll be looking to try a covey rise, er, pride rise...charge, yeah, that's it, a charge of porch pussy. Hah, who sez a levergun can't be a DGR? Confused

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.The.Rifleman

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well you know the .50 Alaskan on the '86 was developed to handle enraged grizzlies. It seems natural that the lever gun would be an excellent DGR for porch and other pussies.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote