Find
Notify
Tools

Hanging my head in shame.
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Because I missed a shot at at feral cat Red Face

This confession is to stop a flood of emails and to stop Aussies agreeing with Muzza.

You see I was out pig hunting when I saw the eyes and ears of a black cat sticking above the bank (I was in the creek, about 400 meters away)I took aim but at that moment, a water buffalo bull came crashing down the bank at me. I dived to the left avoiding his charge, rolled and came up running. The bull turned just as I did nearly catching me with his horn and as he turned again I knew I had only time for one shot so I aimed for the cat and missed. At the sound of the shot the buff took off and I was safe. So I'm sorry fella's I should of got him but the bullet landed just in front of its face. I ready to face the music sofa

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Okay you kept your part of the bargain, now quick, delete this so we can all get on with annoying the piss out of the kiwis!

Cheers, Dave.

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Good story,Bakes.
Now if you could only train the Buff to tree crats.
Ya might want to check the sights on your rifle.A running 400 meter shot should have been a piece of cake. Razzer

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Hello Bakes. That was a significant emotional shooting event for you, what with the closeness of the miss. Perhaps your concentration was off a bit due to some concern over Kiwi harassment in case of failure? You may want to spend more time cat hunting, in which case a great large pig or maybe even a buff will become the sudden opportunity for a shot where you might have better odds for a killing due to the larger size. Hope this helps. N.S.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you must practice shooting undeer stressful conditions more.

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Obviously we got the condensed version on the Aus/NZ Forum. Dont recall the mention of the buffalo or the 400 metres.... Methinks some embellishment in order to save face may have occurred here Bakes boohoo

But hell , you faced up to your inadequacy and admitted that you missed a catshot - well done!

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Methinks some embellishment in order to save face may have occurred here Bakes

Now now Muzza, How could you think that Wink

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of darwinmauser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
quote:
Methinks some embellishment in order to save face may have occurred here Bakes

Now now Muzza, How could you think that Wink

Aaahhh Bakes , so modest of you ,you did'nt mention the 4 metre croc that was competing with the buff to get ya ,but hey ,they would'nt belive you anyway. Big Grin

It's mercy, compassion and forgiveness I lack; not rationality.

Posts: 2414 | Location: Humpty Doo NT Australia | Registered: 18 August 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Thats the problem mate, they wouldn't belive the dangers of hunting up here. beer

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Bakes,

Do not add the croc to your story unless he is at least 6 meters long. sofa Might as well tell it as big as you can. jump

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bakes, you shooting a single shot?

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.Short.Rounds

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HTRN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
Because I missed a shot at at feral cat Red Face

You sickify me.

HTRN

Posts: 261 | Location: In my Subterranean lair, okay, I admit it, it's a basement | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote