THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    New Technology in Predator Calling

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Technology in Predator Calling
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted
I am seeking a recording of cat mating calls and fights to add to my collection of electronic predator calls. That way I can set up in the neighborhood in vacant building lots with environmentally friendly cat terminating equipment (like a crossbow) and call day or night without attracting unwarranted attention. The next step is to develop a pocket sized call for those times when you just have to use one(like a vacant hall in an office building just break the monotony.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
I had one in a Hav- A- Hart that was squawling a certain type of mating call. Like what he was gonna do to me if he could get outta the trap. Smiler
I'll see if I can't borrow a hand held recorder on the next one.

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you are trying to atract cats a mouse sqeaker works pretty good.

HAVE FAITH IN GOD.

Posts: 206 | Location: Alberta ,Can | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll second the squeaker. Real crat noises might do the trick for dogs and yotes, don't know about crats though. They are profoundly contrary critters. Mad

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.CannedTuna.Works

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
If you're a tolerant person,,maby pick up a "free" female kitten and tolerate it 'till you get some good mating calls Roll EyesClay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
Perhaps some cat-in-heat-scent would help. I'll let someone else volunteer to collect it.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
posted Hide Post
AAll of our techniques for ridding the world of cats won't ever work. So, I catch them in my Havahart, give them about a 30-minute bath with cold water from the hose, then dose them with Tinks Skunk Scent, and let them go home, hoping their "owner" has a pet door and the cat goes straight under the bed.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

one of us
posted Hide Post
C'mon, I'm serious. You know once a cat in heat starts yowling under your bedroom window it lasts forever, and as soon as you get to sleep again a cat fight starts. Thats what I want to record. I appreciate the thought, but I'm hardly cat tolerant enough to raise my own till first heat. But all the same, I might be able to convert my rabbit hutches to a sort of a cat piss collection operation and sell the product to trappers and hunters using a catchy name like DERF'S Stinky 69, or Old Elk Hunter Brand Cat Attractor, or maybe, Bad Ace Wallace's cat tincture and natural cure. I can record and sell the cat calls throughout the operation and sell those for lots of purposes: playing at liberal meetings to go with the pi**ing and moaning, etc.

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dustoffer, welcome to our world! And that's a tried and proven technique by the way, keep up the good work!

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Pepe.LePew

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
NS,

Did you say you were openning a CAT HOUSE? sofa

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I prefer to think of it as the feline equivalent of a "code blue" ranch, or the N.C. Orphanage for Wayward Pussies.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Send them to Toolmaker, he'll make em wayward alright!! beer derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No way Jose! He will have to get his own puss! Maybe a fellow fron Addlegroove could get him some.....if he wanted.(Yuck,Yuck,Yuck)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought maybe them folks with the Crat-alog.com site might have a few to spare so I took a cruise past there this am. Yuppie country boys! Houses about 30 to 40 feet apart and not a lawn lion in sight. Hope I have better luck with the bears tomorrow! Cool derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote