Tools

Re: Tractor Day
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted
Quiet, You!

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
It's actually my second tractor.

So Toolmaker, what makes you think I would want you to be ten years older? Are you not of legal age? If you are legal, did you see my "middle aged guys" thread in Misc. Topics? You did, didn't you?

Bakes, since there is no protecting to be done on your end you need to be helpful and jump in there and do some laundry (don't forget the soap), run the vacuum cleaner and help get the kiddies bathed (again, don't forget the soap). Get the dog poop cleaned up from the yard.

Then, take your fine, deserving wife out for a nice evening on the town. Oh, don't forget to pick up your dirty socks and underwear from the floor too.

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Sweet! How many hours on it? Ya gotta get one of those pto driven tiller attachments and mebbe a front mounted snow blower attachment(needs hydraulic power though). What I have discovered is that the attachments are often cheaper than the machines they replace - see how much a new troybilt tiller is and then compare it to the tiller attachment. Usually half the price and does twice as much!

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here it is....

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am in tractor heaven this weekend. It is the little tractor that could. What a work horse!

TM, it is a 28 horse 4X4 diesel, 3 point, Catagory 1, so very versitile. I have a loader, 5 foot blade and a 5 foot brush hog. All implements so far are working fine. I have not seen any small game action though. I did dodge numerous large frogs and a half a ton of garter snakes while mowing yesterday afternoon. Did you know leopard frogs squirt pee as they jump? Wow! The things you learn in the country.

No bunnies or woodchucks though I kicked a bunny up this morning while walking. It escaped.

I will take a photo of the big red beast soon.

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I do wish I could find a useful man though.

My wife thinks there's no such thing

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ann, my wife has this to say about me as I get older:

"You know, it's kind of like flying a J3 Cub. It's not as demanding, and all the important things happen a lot slower."

I thought you might appreciate the laugh.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ah, tractors is like whiskey and women, you just can't devote yourself to more than one at a time. Switchin' real fast may not be the best idea either...

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Barkeep.NotherRound

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Got to love a woman with her own tractor All you need now is a fishing boat and you have blokes beating down your door.

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I clean that up for a living.....well not any more, now I get the troops to do it

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Toolmaker, you'd better be a 10 year old!!!!

Quote:

Ann, if I were ten years older...

Psssst little tip...never say that to a lady

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Ann
I tell the wife that my JOB is to put food on the table and protect her from wild animals! and since there are no wild animals around here.....well I'm doing a great job!

one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
I have been accused of being slightly less mature than my five year old nephew

Toolmaker

one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Hmm, a woman that owns a tractor, likes guns, is looking for a boat, and shoots cats... Ann, if I were ten years older...

Toolmaker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh? Were you promoted or something?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, by the omission of dog poop at least we can tell Bakesly knows what that is.

one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Statistically, I'm closing in on "middleaged" - recently cropped my hair short and noticed dozens of gray hairs most likely due to stress of surgery and recovery - My father didn't go gray until he was in his sixties, but it seemed to happen overnight... So you have TWO tractors? Ann, if I didn't know better I'd say you were a tease!

Toolmaker

one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
I'm not surprised a "naturist" such as yourself has no idea what underwear or laundry is...

Toolmaker

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
2 years ago Ann, I'm a CPL and run my shift so NOW I get to order the troops around

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Whats a vacuum cleaner
Whats underwear?
Wheres the laundry?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If only I was 10 years younger and had something to offer! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
and sweep and vacuum and wash the bowls and.......

one of us
posted Hide Post
My sweetly gullible wife thinks she has one, but when she registered on EBAY the other day I took it as a mixed signal.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Minding.PPnQQ

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
So what your telling me is to shoot first and ask questions later!

Toolmaker

one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Hey, I saw her first! Go find your own victim to stalk!

Toolmaker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
TM is the fighter, I prefer to be a lover! And carry my 1911A1 in a belt holster in the small of my back! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Let's see some pics!! (How bad is that? A woman with a tractor and I want to see the tractor) What size 3 point, Cat O, Cat 1, etc? Northern Tool has quite a few accesories for the Cat 0&1's. Personnaly I lust after a 4WD Kubota Diesel, but shocked by what they cost, even used. I'm hoping to get a tractor when I finally buy my proverbial 40 acres. I see tractors for sale from time to time - the last being a 100+HP Case at a Police Auction - it was used to mow the grass on highways and was a wonderful shade of flourescent green.

Toolmaker