The Accurate Reloading Forums
K-22 strikes again

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2121043/m/49410822

17 October 2004, 08:57
Malamute
K-22 strikes again
Was coming back from Cooke City (MT)with a load of lumber and small cabin logs. Decided to stop along the river to let the dogs run and try to catch a trout. The aspens were in nice color, and the smell of fall was in the air at that elevation. Fresh snow on the surrounding mountain peaks was a nice backdrop to the river and forest. The fish weren't biting, and a snag in the middle of the river stole one of my spinners. The dogs were having a great time jumping squirrels and grouse out in the woods. Quickly grasping the fact that fishing was never my strong point, and I was not getting any better at it, I took the pole back to the truck and brought out the Smith K-22. Loading it up with CB's and a few short hollow points (one of my dogs is a bit gunshy) I went for a walk with the dogs again. They quickly figured out that the pop sound was followed by a squirrel or grouse falling out if the tree at their feet. We came home with no trout, but with 2 small pine squirrels and 1 grouse. Nice day in the woods, even if it was just a couple hours break from hauling materials. Never heard of Malamute squirrel or grouse dogs, but they did a good job.
17 October 2004, 10:00
N. S. Sherlock
Great story, Malamute. You must visit more often and keep us aware of the other varieties of small game. ned
18 October 2004, 13:48
Toolmaker
I salute you!

Toolmaker