New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good neighbors
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My neighbor before me on the dead end saw that I wasn't working today and stopped by with a 12 pack. He let me know that his wife had rescued 4 more cats to replace the ones that ran away over the last few weeks. We shook hands again and I promised that I would leave his old orange cat and the black persian alone. Now that is one standup neighbor.

Posts: 72 | Location: S.E. Wi for now | Registered: 01 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty Marlin
posted Hide Post
now that's a hell of a gentelman's agreement you have worked out there. Smiler LOL

Rusty's Action Works
Montross VA.
Action work for Cowboy Shooters &
Manufacturer of Stylized Rigby rifle sights. http://i61.photobucket.com/alb.../th_isofrontleft.jpg

Posts: 863 | Location: Northern Neck Va | Registered: 14 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crimson Mister
posted Hide Post
A neighbor who supplies you with beer and targets! What a guy.
Hey Dave, I saw your Winchester on MWT. Any bites yet?

Good Luck

Some people are a lot like Slinkies: They're not good for much but it's kind of fun to push them down a flight of stairs.

Posts: 772 | Location: Norwalk, Wisconsin | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alaska Dave:
My neighbor before me on the dead end saw that I wasn't working today and stopped by with a 12 pack. He let me know that his wife had rescued 4 more cats to replace the ones that ran away over the last few weeks. We shook hands again and I promised that I would leave his old orange cat and the black persian alone. Now that is one standup neighbor.

Dave, if you do head shots, they won't run away. Wink Big Grin

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rich Cale:Hey Dave, I saw your Winchester on MWT. Any bites yet?

Good Luck
No it's still there, it's turning into a safe queen. I set it up for pd's but am not going. I have a 22-250 and a 22 mag that fills in for the predators. A 22 semi, pop bottle and tape, with sub sonic rounds for the field lions. With the one lady and all the town folks that tend to let their city cats go free I sometimes get busy. I really hate it when a baby rabbit screams wake me and my son up. Let the lab loose and he likes to find the trespassers for me. The orange tom cat of my neighbors is something else. Sitting on the porch 3 years back having a few martini's and seen this young possum heading for the trash cans. Slowly my rifle comes up and just about when the sights were getting right something jumped on possum and a quick and noisy scrap began. Possum quit and Barny sat there spitting and rubbing his face with his paws af if to say YECH. Another time after this i'm on same porch when Barney tears in under the porch. Figured he'd seen a mouse. Well he came out between my legs carrying a snake that had to be 4' long. NO, I didn't measure as I was relocating. I call him Barney the Terrible. Poor black cat I take pitty on as it's always full of ribbons and bells from his daughter. Thats what you get when you have long hair.

Posts: 72 | Location: S.E. Wi for now | Registered: 01 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crimson Mister
posted Hide Post
I SENT YOU A PM.

Some people are a lot like Slinkies: They're not good for much but it's kind of fun to push them down a flight of stairs.

Posts: 772 | Location: Norwalk, Wisconsin | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now that is one standup neighbor.

As are you,Alaska Dave.

Welcome. wave

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote