Find
Notify
Tools

Ak! Cats shooting their owners!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Cat Shoots Owner
Michigan Man Is Shot When His Cat Knocks His 9mm Handgun Onto Floor, Discharging the Weapon

The Associated Press
Mar. 10, 2005 - A man cooking in his kitchen was shot after one of his cats knocked his 9mm handgun onto the floor, discharging the weapon, Michigan State Police said.

Joseph Stanton, 29, of Bates Township in Iron County, was shot in his lower torso around 6 p.m. Tuesday, the state police post in Iron River reported. He was transported to Iron County Community Hospital.

Michelle Sand, a spokeswoman at the Iron River hospital, said Stanton was treated there before being transferred to Marquette General Hospital for further treatment. But Marcie Miller, a representative of the Marquette facility, said there was no record of the hospital receiving a patient by that name.

A telephone message seeking comment was left Wednesday at Stanton's home.

State police said he was cooking at his stove when the cat knocked the loaded gun off the kitchen counter behind him.

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Copyright © 2005 ABC News Internet Ventures

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
quote:

It would happen in Michigan. The rest of us have our cats dressed out before we start cooking.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
That fella shoulda spent a few more dollars on a better pistol that won't go off if dropped.

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
I wonder if he was into that Korean practice of cooking the cats alive, just waiting for the water to get hot enough... Roll Eyes

I have never yet been cooking with a loaded gun in the kitchen, but perhaps I am a sissy... bewildered

/Marterius

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AAK!!!

I learned a long time back that if you arm a pussy it needs to be of smaller caliber than what you carry. And a single shot at that.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Survival.Tactics

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote