Tools

From The Farm
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
Mimi loves you all!

She is eyeing my new tractor.

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Urge to kill, rising...

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My horse, Red, used to kill calves by picking them up by the neck and shaking them. We sold him to the rodeo when he grabbed a child by the collar and started to give him a good shake. Of course, the kid was a complete shit, and probably could've used a good shake, but mom and dad were complete jerks, and would've sued us for the farm, so away went Red.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Pssssst........Ann.......you've got cats in your grass

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Parents have no sense of humor

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Cats of the nondomestic variety kill interlopers on a regular basis - Mimi probably sees you as doing the "right thing". As for "live bait", as far as Felinus Domesticus are concerned, it only means they get shot last!

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one, she's a beautiful black lab. Cats and dog are all pals.

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Mimi is pretty chubby since she does not expend much energy on anything but staring at my tractor.

There's a simple diet for cats: get a dog!

Toolmaker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you all know that commercial cat chows are practically flavored corn meal? That would make these felines corn fed...!

Probably are pretty tender no matter how old.

Mimi is pretty chubby since she does not expend much energy on anything but staring at my tractor. I bet she is waiting for me to leave the seat down so she can sink her claws into it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The tractor is presently parked in the woods, out of cat sight, out of cat mind. She was, however, perched on the lawn tractor seat this morning. Naughty kitty.

I am glad to hear there is significant imrovements to that boat anchor. I really hated that gun, maybe I will love it now. It was more effective to throw it at starlings than to pull the trigger.

one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
A Labrador that likes cats? Sacrilege! My last lab was a curious puppy and liked to investigate things, particularly small furry things that were potential playmates - that all changed the day she got swiped on the nose by a Felinus Domesticus, from then on the foul creatures were her mortal enemy! A cat couldn't even go by on the other side of the street without her going berserk. Mebbe your lab is just a chihuahua with a thyroid condition?

Toolmaker

one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
Quote:

The only other bad thing is, I know she is dying to go sit on the new tractor seat.

Well, see, there's good news and there's bad news.

The good news is, I was at Tom's last night while he replaced the trigger on your 10/22 with the one from Powers Custom. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! I am now in possession of the rifle and it's ready to ship.

The bad news is, I'm not sending you the rifle until you post a picture here of Mimi sitting on your new tractor.

Oh... did I mention the new trigger is a gazillion-thousand-percent improvement over the old POS trigger??? Did I mention that???

So, Ann. You want your 10/22? I want a picture of Mimi on your tractor.

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote