THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    Draw your own conclusion guys...

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Draw your own conclusion guys...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
The 30-338 Weatherby was developed just to see how fast a bullet could be pushed. During testing with about 90 grain bullets the projectile was observed disintegrating close to the muzzle when velocities got around 5800 FPS. I don't recall if anyone determined if the bullets "melted" or simply spun apart under centripetal forces. Maybe we ought to wrap a crat in lead and lauch it at over 6000 fps and see if the lead melts.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
I think he needs to quit shooting by the nuclear power plant,And change his brand of smokes,,Clay www.whitehotlead.com

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OEH, if it didn't would the lead contaminate the leftovers? Helluva idea though, give you that. Maybe you know some engineering students looking for a thesis? bewildered

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.WhatTwist.Rate?

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
quote:
change his brand of smokes

roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DD. I dont think Big Al would just spit out the lead like spittin shot out of a duck Cool

all times wasted wot's not spent shootin

Posts: 569 | Location: Flinders Ranges. South Australia | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
With the ar-15's and the high twist barrels for the heavy .22 bullets,,,Hornady put a warning in the .223 listing,,not to use thier sx class bullets in these rifles,,,They apparently fly apart upon exit of the barrel.Clay www.skinnyjackets.com

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote