New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got a new workshop
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I guess it has a house attached to it, but my wife and I just bought a new workshop. 14 x 20 feet with a 50,000 BTU heater in it. Over 4 car garage and a large lot, abutting the local Catholic Church.

As soon as we get closer to a move in date, I will post some pics. Now, I will be able to work through the winter on various and sundry "projects" away from the prying eyes of others. (Insert evil laugh, here.)

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Sounds great, but eh... CAT-holic??? Eeker bewildered Confused

/Marterius Cool

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cat-holic, noun: One who worships all thangs feloin. Cat-holic meeting halls are prime sources of amusment and protein. See CA, or Cat-holic Anonymous, and 42 step program. Recividism is a recurrent problem. Known to lapse into CATatonic seizures when favorite feline abrubtly turns into fine red mist before their eyes. Significant emotional events are only cure. Condition is acquired, not inherited. Victims can be saved but strong ju-ju required.

120mm, congratulations on your new digs, and your new hide! Wink

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.HelpingFellow.Man

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
quote:

You sly dog. Fish on fridays means cats on saturdays.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And they DO have a fish fry every Saturday. Here, kitty, kitty!

Anyone else see the movie "Apt Pupil?"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrads on the New Digs ! Every man needs a place to call his own private space.Where certain rituals can take place out of the prying eyes of strangers & loved ones!It's amazing the number of firearms that have disapeared intothe void of my Work shop with out the Wife knowing about them until it was too late to send em back! thumb

all times wasted wot's not spent shootin

Posts: 569 | Location: Flinders Ranges. South Australia | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow!! That's GREAT!!

One word of caution...I had a high level of elation over a 2 car garage once until Wife #2 got this silly ass notion that her car was supposed to go in the garage. Pretty soon she had her car and gardening stuff in MY garage. It never worked out...the garage or the marriage. Best advice is nip it in the bud or maybe she can go next door for confession when she has impure thoughts about YOUR garage!!

Best of luck and safe shooting!!

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good on you 120. Nice things Should happen to nice people! thumb derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"One word of caution...I had a high level of elation over a 2 car garage once until Wife #2 got this silly ass notion that her car was supposed to go in the garage. Pretty soon she had her car and gardening stuff in MY garage. It never worked out...the garage or the marriage. Best advice is nip it in the bud or maybe she can go next door for confession when she has impure thoughts about YOUR garage!!"

That's why we are getting (2) 2+ car garages, and a 14 x 20 heated workshop. The front garage is for her car and stuff, the back garage is for my collector cars, and the workshop has a keyed lock on the door.

Best of luck and safe shooting!![/QUOTE]

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Your own DODGE hospital and surgery with a lock to keep out the cats!

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of darwinmauser
posted Hide Post
quote:
!It's amazing the number of firearms that have disapeared intothe void of my Work shop with out the Wife knowing about them

That happened just this afternoon here in Humpty DOK a P14 just appeared from nowhere Big Grin

It's mercy, compassion and forgiveness I lack; not rationality.

Posts: 2414 | Location: Humpty Doo NT Australia | Registered: 18 August 2004Reply With Quote