New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Bats In the Belfry?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Be careful with those little darters Ann, they are common vectors for Rabies.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.TheSky.IsFalling

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
NO!

Unfortunately, this is a true story.

REALLY interesting morning happened here- I woke up about 0200 hours and heard a "noise". So I got up and as I was walking past the window I saw a movement.

Of course I jumped a couple of feet even half asleep. Stuck to the screen was a bat. It was crawling around but it looked like it was on the outside. I couldn't really check because it is a double hung window and the animal was in the upper half behind the glass. There are lots of bats here. So I went back to sleep.

At 0445 when I HAD to get up for work I made a bee line for the bathroom. I immediately sat down to tap a kidney.

THEN THE ATTACK BEGAN.

The fricking bat was in the house and it came in the bathroom swooping back and forth at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am trapped on the toilet as it dive bombs me.

The little bastard did that about 5 times, he'd swoop, I would duck down and yell obscenities (many). Finally the damn thing flew out the bathroom door. I pursued it once I was composed. Found it in the kitchen hanging upside down on the wall. I wrapped it up in a towel and tossed it's squeaking self out the door!

YUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I know! Why do you think I was ducking!!!! I am betting it was a rabid bastard too, he was trying to get me.

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GoWyo
posted Hide Post
Hah! I too have had the nocturnal raiders in the house.

Two years ago, after my son was born, my wife was up nursing and let out a shreek. I jumped up and gave myself an NFL quality hip-pointer on the bed post. After I got up and got a blanket over the mom and babe I proceded to try and catch him in a towel. Now a nekid 40 year old swinging, jumping and ducking around an open window will most often get the cops at the front door. Luckily it didn't. I got him and threw the towel and him out the window. Last year (same time in Sept.) He, she, or a damn close relative came roosting again. I kept hearing a fluttering in the room, thought it was our budgie, so I got up and turned on the light. There was my little brown myotis. I got him on the first try. I have been ordered to repair the holes in the screens or else.

Comiserating with glee,

Gary

Posts: 398 | Location: Central Highlands of Wyoming | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote