New
Find
Notify
Tools

european safari
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've been enjoying this forum for a while now, but due to lack of targets, I never had the opportunity to relate any recent experiences. But maybe, this will change in a few months, as it seems the chicken sickness may have a positive effect, at last: Since a cat was found dead in Germany because of the desease, in France, all animal shelters are talking about massive arrivals.
These cats owners want top get rid of their pets !
If they close our hunting season on quail, we might get other preys :-)
Maybe I will die, but they will first !!!

olivier

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
These cats owners want top get rid of their pets !

OD, welcome aboard, and I'd like to add in regards the quote above, ABOUT DAMN TIME!!! thumb Weird thing about what you're reporting...couple of nights back on the news the was a story about the H5N1 virus transmitting to a crat in Deutchland...dumb ass blond holding her crat talking about it. CNN said "There are no known cases of Bird Flu being transmitted from a crat to a human." Roll Eyes

Well, hope you got lots of bullets and best of luck. Don't take any prisoners. Wink

Dan

POTYHC

www.CratFlu.Epidemic

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Hi o_d. It may be that you can tell of other small game hunting that you know of besides cats. I have found a number of stories and pictures from our European hunting friends very intresting. Indeed, we accept hearsay, wishes spoken out loud, translations from bizzare texts, neandertal paintings, wannabe whimsey, outright fabrication, occasional truth, and even condemned political cartoons as currency of the realm. One Swedish afficianado of the crat even gave me a pet name for my cat-chopping axe. N.S.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Going in the countryside after nutria, foxes and crows this week end, I hope to encounter some roaming field lion, my tommy (TC in 22hornet) would love that ! Or maybe my switchback, it has no crat blood on it yet !
Don't worry, DD, got no shortage in ammo, even if one cannot have enough. Got a case of 22hornet, and 8000 rounds of winch subso hp -22LR- for special missions with the 22 barrel.
No mercy !!!

one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Oscar,,Are you allowed to hunt crows on monday,tuesday,and,wendsday?[serious question,,no tricks]On the crat flu,,The little germ is starting to warm my cold heart thumb Kill'em ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For sure, clay !
Crows are on my fair game list. They are pests, and as such, can be hunted year round on private property when the owner requests the authorization from the state (rarely refused).

one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
I was duly informed that the damn things are the national bird of mexico and included in the migratory bird act and it was illeagal to shoot them on said days,,I like your approach a lot better,,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You bet !!!

Hunted yesterday and today, the 22 hornet got 2 crows and a big nutria :-)
But weather was harsh, and we saw no crats. Them lawn lions know better and stayed in front of the stove...
Next time...

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by claybuster:
I was duly informed that the damn things are the national bird of mexico and included in the migratory bird act and it was illeagal to shoot them on said days,,I like your approach a lot better,,Clay

Crows aren't the national bird of Mexico, but members of the same family (Corvidae). Seems our burro-crats screwed it up when doing the treaty to insure we protected the Mexican Jay and included all members of the family.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another example of bureaucracy...Of which we have tons here. We can juste make do with it and adapt. My Tommy, a 10'barel, silencer, choate folding stock, leupie 2,5-8X36, was designed for that. Crats beware ! :-)

one of us
posted Hide Post
I got yer Mecican National Bird rat cheer:

And crows die on my schedule, not Mr. Fox's.

Dan

POTYHC

www.MigratingRightInto.FlyingLead

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote