New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have spent the last few hours reading through most of the posts on here and I want to give a huge THANK YOU to all people out there who are ridding the world of feral "crats Big Grin". I myself am an avid cat control enthusiast. I use large rat traps in all of my boats, on my cars, lawnmowers and anywhere i think deserves one. Not to mention a .22 RWS air rifle, and anything else I grab out of the safe, or behind the seat in my truck.

Josh

Posts: 25 | Location: Southeastern Oklahoma | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Welcome to this forum,Josh.
No need to thank these brave men.They are just doing their job.
Rat traps are ideal coyote calling devices.Ya get a loud mouth tom by the front foot,'yotes come running.
Don't shoot the bait for when the song dawgs close upon the bait,the squallin' gets to sounding like Jimi playing the National Anthem at Woodstock.
Only after the concert should you send the 'yotes to bay at the moon in Heaven. Smiler

Again,welcome.

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know if it is just happening in my little corner of paradise, but has anyone else noticed an increase in the populations of feral crats in their areas. I killed six last saturday, on the way to our leased farm which is about a 30 minute ride.
It seemed as if everywhere I looked I saw one lurking around.
Shot 4 crows, one ground hog, and 6 cats. A Caswell County grand slam.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Crowrifle, you are the Man! thumb I've been wantin' to do the Caswell Slam for years, but by the time I'm packed for the trip my ammo supply is runnin' low. Damn crats multiply faster than Chiminese during a black out. Kill 'em all.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.NeutronBombs.ForAll

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
It just occurred to me reading this thread that I must send a thank you to peta HQ in Norfolk for helping out so well on the growing feral problem. Clearly they are on our side once they collect enough money for their vegan lifestyle and bail money for the improper disposal. The rest of you just keep-on, keepin-on. N.S.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
there is no better way to get up in the morning than to blast a crat, and no better way to go to bed at night by doing the same

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This morning here in Oklahoma was a nice crisp 60 degrees when I rolled out of bed, the first thing that popped into my mind was it was trash day so I emptied the trash can and took it to the dumpster. On my way I happened to notice a rather large orange crat. I stopped what i was doing to retrieve my air rifle out of the truck and I guess the little devil new what was fixin to happen and took off. Damn it, oh well another day as I continued taking the trash out, when I opened the lid to the dumpster there set a very po-ed black and white crat in the bottom, he must have got stuck and couldn't get the lid back open. Once I saw him i just slammed the lid back down and started to ponder on what should happen next, well i looked over and saw the water hose was still out from the night before so i turned on the faucet and hauled the hose over and put it in (the dumpster needed cleaning out anyways) once it had 30 or so gallons in it I thought well that should be good. I opend the lid and here came the crat at about mach 10 and he took off into he woods. So no crats met the maker this morning but I did manage to see that I have some of them trained and I got the other nice an clean to run home to there white trash owners. I'll get them for good next time.
Josh

Posts: 25 | Location: Southeastern Oklahoma | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Once I saw him i just slammed the lid back down and started to ponder on what should happen next

Coleman Lantern Fluid. Smiler

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
I picked up a box of those no gunpowder 22,s a while back and sure nuff this black crat shows up again. So i loads one in the Win-63 and pops
him one.Hit the head so he flips and and flops and lays still. Next day -trash day so in to body bag in the can. Told Hogkiller about it at the bubba shoot and he ask "kill it or knock him out?" I thought about it and said-I DON'T Know I remember they compacted the truck as they left though. Big Grin

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use those too. It was dead before you shucked the empty out. I have reccommended that these cats be disposed of at the stoplight at a busy intersection at night. Open the door, drop said cat off, fugetaboudit.

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Sherlock, you drop off cat by right by Golden Chopstix II, Li give big discount! Big Grin Then you have door prize. Big kiss from bottom of heart from Ninja Master this worrd. Smiler Li wear brack spandex, do karate trick arso. Ha Ha! Make you brush!

One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
My mistake, China Lady seet & sour just down street Big Grin

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All kinds of Ladies like a fellow that has a way with crats.

One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
AH SO-- Some china lady sweet some sour.

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Invader, when Li sees this thread you had best be ready to do some bowing and scrapping. She is NOT Chinese and doesn't like that implication! Roll Eyes derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Damn, I am in for it now
bawling

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dragon Lady:
Mr. Sherlock, you drop off cat by right by Golden Chopstix II, Li give big discount! Big Grin Then you have door prize. Big kiss from bottom of heart from Ninja Master this worrd. Smiler Li wear brack spandex, do karate trick arso. Ha Ha! Make you brush!

Big kiss from bottom of the heart? Last time wasn't it about a foot or so lower????

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SSHHHH! shame Talking about a lady like that! Eeker derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. 120mm sir, Li think you need spanking. Big GrinKnow you rong time though, you just have fun. OK with Li, you funny GI! Big Grin

Mr. Invader, Dragon Lady have very unusuar famiry tree. Some rimbs in knot. Momma san harf Vietnamese harf Chinee, Poppa san from France, he loser boy. Momma san drink too much that time. Frowner Harf of Mamma san Chinee part from Japan, harf of Vietnamese part from Laos. This tree have rong roots. Think best you think of Li as Nung. Nung Ninja Master prus White Dragon Queen of Centrar Highrands. Famiry tree now grow how Li want, not how weak invader want. Li kick ass sometime, not party girr. Hope this herp.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Li,

Maybe i rong, maybe Chang Mai??....i think spring 1972!

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
I am finding few targets lately .
IMO over hunting .

I know 2 new neibors that have started doing pest controll so the pheasants and quail have a fighting chance.

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just remember that pest control sometimes means educating cat-huggers.