New
Find
Notify
Tools

Graduation Ceremony
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My oldest German Shorthair Pointer, Magda, is six years old next month. She has always taken the lead with her daughter, Petra, 2, when it is crat killing time.
A few nights ago Lois and I were driving back home from the clinic after work. We had booted Petra out of the truck to go for a run down the irrigation canal. Suddenly in the headlights I see a couple of red/yellow eyes pop up.
With absolutely no hesitation Petra runs the crat to ground and starts to chomp and swing. The crat starts yowling and clawing, Petra yelps and swings harder and Magda is going nuts trying to jump through the window.
Not wanting to deny my lead dog some fun I just rolled the window down all the way. She goes flying out of the truck and the scene immediately started to look like two velociraptors square dancing with the same entree. Usually they each grab and end and make a wish, but that night they took turns grabbing a part of the crat and spinning around in a circle while chomping. The crat's ass hardly ever touched the ground. Big old smelly gray tabby tomcat.
We were right in front of a farmhouse, and I was afraid it might be their favorite mouser so I started telling the dogs to be more quiet about it. Duh.
Eventually Mr. Tabby was six inches longer and a lot deader than when the frolicking started, so we all proceeded on our way. Magda didn't even pull rank on Petra about who got to sit in the prime seat the rest of the way home. It must have been a bittersweet moment for mom.
lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Got a tear in my eye. Isn't it special when the young'ins grow up and pull their own weight!

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
Rights of passage... thumb

Passing the torch... Wink

Or as I told my kids, now YOU get to mow the lawn... Big Grin

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got a tear in my eye. Isn't it special when the young'ins grow up and pull their own weight!

Damn, there's hope for the younger generation after all. clap

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.GrabYourCrat.AndDoseDo

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
You must be a very proud master! Smiler

My next dog will be a german pointer, but probably a wirehaired... It is truly wonderful dogs.

Regards,
Marterius

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
Nice ,I wish my lab would do that .
HE thinks cats are freinds ,time for more training.
Have to teach him cats and ground hog are to be dealt with the same way.

But he retreives dead cats just fine . clap

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote