New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rhode Island Law
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just read in the morning paper that the Rhode Island governor signed a law Friday making it a mandatory requirement for cat owners to either spay or neuter their pets--or pay $100 for a breeder's license. Applies to all cats over 6 months old and violators can be fined $75 per month.

I know right now that if I lived in R.I., I would make every effort to rid my property of any "pets" before I was subjected to the $75 fine. Just another good reason---

However, may not stand the court challenges sure to come. And, I can hear "them" now, ranting about catching all the feral crats so we can neuter them too--R.I. residents' tax dollars at work.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do believe that when they take the oath of office they also leave thier morals and brains at the door. derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, it's a little law for a little state. What they oughta do is just declare crats subject to the 1st Amendment, as interpreted by the 2nd.

Dan

POTYHC

www.LeetleBrains.ForLeetleStates

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the state vet association paid off the legislature and governor. Can you imagine the revenue and bureaucracy that will be generated for those crooks in that stupidity. If they were serious they should have instituted a "cat" bounty with an ear as proof. It worked with wolves till the feds got involved with reintroduction programs. The people would speak as to whether cats got a free pass. An ear would be worth $10, a box of golden .22s, and a free dinner at GCII. And the citizens would save millions.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote