New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Bats In the Belfry?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A target grade air pistol makes for some good medicine for these critters indoors. At least it did for two of them a summer ago. Someone later got the bright idea of taking it to the local animal control people to have it checked for rabies and they sent a letter back saying the "skull and brain was too badly damaged for a sample to be taken." Ahh it was quite a tragedy.

Posts: 83 | Location: Hampton Roads, VA | Registered: 17 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Taurus Bill
posted Hide Post
We had a few in our house every summer. The bat people promised us that they would keep coming back until we got rid of them for good. They kept their word and finally found the bat's secret entrance, a small flap in the aluminum siding under the over hang.

While the house was target rich, I got pretty good with a tennis racket. The trick is to hit it hard enough to take it out, but not too hard to cause a stain on the recieving wall. The first one was pretty messy! I even started getting a bit of top spin on those little furry bastards. Ah well, it was fun while it lasted.

Posts: 179 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: 28 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Stains and holes in the walls won't do so that is why I employ the old towel. I do think the critters do a good job policing the skeeters so I don't mind them outside at all. Just stay out of my house!

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In case you missed the story, I know a fellow in Toomsboro, GA., he was the mayor at the time; found a colony in his attic as assumed that 12 Ga #6 was the right medicine. didn't hit anything but the roof...proof positive that politicians aren't too bright, and that a Rem. 870 FC will throw a tight pattern at 15'. "Daddy! I see the sky through the roof!"

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh my!

BTW, Dan, last night I had several dreams about serpents. I don't know why. All I remember is they were large, green and were tame.

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Must have been Puff the Magic Dragon,eh Ann! And no Dan, not that one in the C130! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ann, you mean like this?

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.TryingTo.Help

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's quite a kiss.

But that LOOKS like the snake in my dream.

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Ann
Last year we had an estimated 100,000 flying foxes on base. One of the buggers landed on my mums leg and scratched her. End result was a course of needles for the lyrissa virus. We don't have rabies here but rabies is a form of a lyrissa virus and the lyrissa virus has killed two people so far in Australia. The last one was in my area, Katherine. I have some pic's but hunt101 is down.

Those bats were shitting on everything and their crap will take the paint off your car Because of the bloody greenies we can't cull them

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Taurus Bill
posted Hide Post
I don't mind them either, as long as they stay out side. They do eat a large amount of skeeters and such. However, if they found their way in once, they know how to get in again. The dozen or so I eliminated isn't a drop in the bat bucket.

Posts: 179 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: 28 January 2003Reply With Quote