Find
Notify
Tools

Texans Again!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted
Hey Dan. Some Texans over on the narural world forum are trying to claim Big Al as a Texas leezard.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
We got plenty of our own. We even have a permit to hunt them. We don't need no Floridian gators....

In fact the nearest 'town' to the boonies location I leved for many years is called Lagarto (I dare you to find it on a map though). The Spanish speakers in the crowd will recognize that as the Spanish word for alligator. There's nothing like water skiing and seeing a big one laying on the riverbank a few dozen yards away, right as you lose your balance and fall. You come out of the water and look...oops it's not on the bank anymore! Can you say 'pucker factor'?

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sheeit son, we got bigger ones than that loungin' around down by the public beach. Now and then there's an abandoned car down there too, usually with out of state tags. bewildered

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.LifeInThe.CornponeTriangle

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
We get them in the resacas in the neighborhoods! Cats and dogs do not come home, sometimes!

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They always say theirs is bigger too!

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
<Snap>
posted
I am sorry to say that you interest in animals that eat dogs makes me a bit disappointed...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Aw Snap, he was just making an observation. Frowner You know I'm certain that there are some varieties of dogs that are an embarrassment to your kind. Chihuahuas and that sort, I'm sure you have to agree. Fact of it is that I have no use for any dog that can't hunt birds. I tolerate the others for the most part though a few have found themselves in desperate circumstances when they crossed the line in my presence. Such is life.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.SomeShouldnt.Breed

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
And then there are dawgs that I would purchase on the spot.....

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
Digital Dan,

If it is a pointer, setter, or retriever, then its a DOG. If it is a hound, herder, or guard type then its a DAWG. If it could be mistaken for a mop, a cat that barks, a moving sausage, or other Darwinian mistakes, then it is neither a DOG or a DAWG. Some call them targets, speed bumps, what-the-hell-is-its, Mexican walking turds, or other non-canine names.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
could be mistaken for a mop, a cat that barks, a moving sausage, or other Darwinian mistakes, then it is neither a DOG or a DAWG. Some call them targets, speed bumps, what-the-hell-is-its, Mexican walking turds, or other non-canine names.

120mm calls 'em Slippers. If you kick 'em in the ass with pointy toed cowboy boots....

Works for me. Wink

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.RiffRaffN.Targets

one of us
posted Hide Post
DD, it is important to properly attribute that to MRS 120mm, who says it is much more effective with smaller, feminine feet.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually, wasn't it the DoK who claimed invention of cat slippers?

<Snap>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Old Elk Hunter:
Digital Dan,

If it is a pointer, setter, or retriever, then its a DOG. If it is a hound, herder, or guard type then its a DAWG. If it could be mistaken for a mop, a cat that barks, a moving sausage, or other Darwinian mistakes, then it is neither a DOG or a DAWG. Some call them targets, speed bumps, what-the-hell-is-its, Mexican walking turds, or other non-canine names.

Sir, they are still dogs and should be treated with more respect than a cat. I guess you make a distinction between a cat and a Columbian drug dealer? Both ought to be shot on the spot, but you would still regard one as a cat and the other as a human. Please Sir, make the similar distinction between a poodle and a birman.

One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
Columbian drug dealers are far, far lower on the scale than a cat. And they gave up the claim to being humans. They are a societal cancer that needs to be terminated on sight.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
I live in a county with more gators than people we even have a gator festeval

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sheet! That ain't nuthin'. We have a cat wacking festival here everyday. Ahawwww-Haaaaa!