THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    Time for a 45-70 debate on the small games forum?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time for a 45-70 debate on the small games forum?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted
Anyone who want to go after this kitty with a 45-70 and matchkings? Big Grin

Regards,
Martin Cool

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Where's the sport in that? I'd use CB's myself. It ain't what, it's where...

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.UltraLight.Shooting

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A good man with a .22 LR out to be able to take care of it, provided he ensures he has a good backstop so that it won't overpenetrate and create collateral damage.

Of course, he'll probably ruin a bunch of good meat with the .22 LR. Anyone have a Velo-Dog?

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
'Karamojo' Bell thought it best, if inexperienced in shooting elephant-sized animals, to kill a few with heart shots using large bore solids because of the chance of the bullet striking a leg bone and the fact that the heart was a larger target. He believed that the brain shot was a better killer though because a heart shot animal often ran a hundred yards or more. I think I would want to put a brain shot on that kitty with my .45-70-500.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
You small bore guys are in deep doo. ned

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I have the "pur"fect cartridge for that beast...500 Grain Buffalo Bore in 45-70. Cool

~Ann

Posts: 19184 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most any cartridge would work so long as it's fired from a custom Mauser with a 3 position (On, Off, bewildered) safety Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 45-70 would work I think but youd want to be d med close cause if ya missed and hit the car ....well I don't think the owner would be overly impressed sofa

all times wasted wot's not spent shootin

Posts: 569 | Location: Flinders Ranges. South Australia | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote