New
Find
Notify
Tools

need some cleaning advice
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
our english setter is now about 1 1/2 yrs old. Untried yet, but saturday he showed great promise, following in his predecessors footsteps. Perched in the living room is our blue/gold macaw, who upon seeing a crat issues a growl. The only time he make the sound is when a crat is in sight. Tory our old setter would checkout the windows when he heard the growl and run to the door. We'd let him out and he'd tree the crat. I'm not home much so my wife would take here little sig 230 out and blast the crat out of the tree. Now with tory gone, amos, our new setter, is setting himself up. Saturday he was looking out the window and let go with the most meancing growl we'd ever heard him make Sure enough here comes a nice yellow crat walking up the driveway. The dogs is showing real promise. Out came the K hornet kept by the door just for such emergencies. The crat started running, but at 100 feet you just don't have to give to much lead. Just about the time it ran by the fronr of the machine shed, well, a 40 gr nosler BT at about 3400 collided with his midsection. Now for the advice - the machine shed doors are rough cut cedar - how do you clean blown up pieces of yellow crat off rough cut cedar??

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
If my Brudder-N-Law is gonna 'borrow' Roll Eyes my charcoal grill, I always let my dawgs lick the grill rack clean.Sometimes it takes several turnings and most of the afternoon,but man does it shine.
I think this idea would work for your pup/machine shed problem.

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Patina is a valued aspect of a machine shed.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of worriedman
posted Hide Post
High pressure washer with fan spray, works like a charm.

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress." Mark Twain

Posts: 742 | Location: West Tennessee | Registered: 27 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HTRN
posted Hide Post
Two words: HIGH VOLTAGE.

HTRN

Posts: 261 | Location: In my Subterranean lair, okay, I admit it, it's a basement | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
After you clean off the cat remains besure to cut a notch in the wooden door. A notch for each cat. If you have to cut so many notches in the wooden doors that they start to fall apart remember that there are plenty of cedar
trees growing out here and the door can be replaced, so don't stop shooting cats or letting your dogs get them.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
Picture of panzerguy
posted Hide Post
Just remember to display the notched doors to memorialize your conquests, in a prominent place.

Posts: 278 | Location: Wherever I park my tank | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pressure washer, start at lowest pressure with fan or "oscilllating" nozzle, hold at an angle to avoid driving it into the wood. Use cold water, hot water sets (cooks) blood. Cleaner made for wood decks works well on porches, might work on doors.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wire brush for the chunks, peroxide for the blood. Assuming you don't want evidence of course.

Dan

POTYHC

www.LysleKilborne.StrikesAgain!

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote