Find
Notify
Tools

Playing Hooky
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of worriedman
posted
First cool night, this last P.M., no crat tracks on the 4-wheel drive, so I am taking a day off from crat watch and hitting the bow stand first thing tomorrow. Supposed to be 41 degrees in the morning, should be a great day to hunt. The Germans and the guys from Alabama can live without me till 10:00, and I told that whole passel of bosses I would be armed, that they needed to temper their desire to see me in the morning with that fact. Season opened last Saturday, but Rita showed up about 2:00 P.M., hung around and messed up the rest of the weekend. Things got a lot better Monday night when TN stumbled, fell down, got up and beat LSU in overtime, and now this? Best week of the year so far!

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress." Mark Twain

Posts: 742 | Location: West Tennessee | Registered: 27 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Only take high angle crat shots with broadheads, thus pinning them down and controlling the flop flipping. The low angle shots allow the arrow to penetrate completely and the crat runs off, at least a few inches.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote