New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crat Whacker Stats
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi Guys, browsing through this forum I came to the conclusion that the great and good of the vermin exterminating section of the AR site should be honored with a league table of crats 'offed' in 2006

How about it?

We brits would hardly feature I expect as though it is a target rich environment it aint exactly gun friendly.

Categories for Most crats in the year, most inventive kill, best photo, non-gun kill, longest shot etc etc
Should be highly entertaining.

All the best

Zaitsev

Posts: 188 | Location: staffordshire | Registered: 30 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i was just thinking of the same thing.. May i start with a non gun kill? and inventive. I shot a crat with my compound bow. Also i managed to kill one with a dart that u throw at a dart board.

Well polish my balls and serve me a milkshake!

Posts: 325 | Location: Cordele, GA | Registered: 24 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
quote:

For Calendar 2005, Royal Trifecta de Pussy: orange tabby, common b/w, gray with 3 white paws: with a Ford F-150, 2wd, loaded, burning rubber, controlled slide. Oh yeah, probably won't count, but another one somehow escaped out of my transport box in the back and killed hisself jumping off the Oregon Inlet bridge while attempting to attack a young thong-clad thing sunning on the beach below. I didn't notice the escape till I got to the parking lot there myself and observed the thong, er, victim.

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sadly most of my evidence has been converted into lizard crap. Frowner I will endeavor to make amends however, promising to record all kills for posterity on my Nikon. One thing I won't be able to do however is get a picture of my latest plan of attack upon conclusion. I'm hoping to be able to either drop one down the cooling tower of the local nuke plant, or have an employ slip one into the reactor core...either way you'll just have to take my word for it. Wink

Dan

POTYHC

http://www.HopeTheNeighborGets.IntoTheGrooveOnThis

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I dug into my closet for weapons. I found my katana (ninja sword). I think i might employ a stalk with it, followed by decapitation. How does this sound guys?

Posts: 325 | Location: Cordele, GA | Registered: 24 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
quote:
decapitation

Better yet, split it lenghtwise.

Then hang the two halves on the fence facing each other. Twins. Smiler

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
Just as an aside, but as a student of Japanese culture, swords, and history - especially as it pertains to swords and blades:

A katana is a Samurai's sword, and in feudal Japan only Samurai were permitted to carry one as part of their Daisho (two swords). A katana was an embodiment of the soul and honor of the Samurai and a physical representation of their aspiration to reach perfection. As such, the katana was given great respect and status both as a fighting weapon and as the pinacle of Japanese swordmaking skill. Good katanas were often passed down from generation to generation within a family - often representative of that family's honor, status, heritage and history.

A "ninja to" or ninja sword was an assassin's blade, without honor, and generally cheaply made and designed to be used and then left behind if needed. They were smaller, usually straight-edged, and with none of the worksmanship or status attributed to the katana. Ninja were little more than organized bands of assassins, thieves, and thugs.

It's difficult to adequately describe it, but the Samurai were the protectors of feudal Japan, it's culture, heritage, and people, and were a living embodiment of honor and tradition, and the katana was elevated to that honor as the very soul of the Samurai wielding it. To lose, or not care for, the blade was unthinkable. For a non-Samurai to touch a katana was a death-sentence.

A katana is a blade with millenia of history behind it, it's design, stylings, and it's role and place in feudal Japanese culture through as late as the 19th century, and even into today.
I assure you, a "katana" is not a "ninja-sword".

======================================
Cleachdadh mi fo m' féileadh dé tha an m' osan.

Posts: 2172 | Location: Highlands of South Alabama, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AS many time i have made myself out to be an ass. This wasnt one of them. I was just giving an example of the over-all "look" of the sword, in no was was i implying something that it wasnt. It was to help those who arnt "sword smart" grasp the idea of the sword. I wouldnt want somebody think i was stalking cats with a broad-sword. Besides the wealth of info you so politely bestowed upon us all (and i did enjoy it) i was just giving an example.

One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
Well, since there aren't many things that I am able to shed any light on, when one comes up, I do enjoy sharing a bit of history - a nostalgia, if you will, for a simpler and more eloquent age now slipping quietly into the haze of time.

Posts: 2172 | Location: Highlands of South Alabama, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ben, thanks for that. I always knew ninjas were just the Japanese version of gang bangers, but did not know some of that info regarding the katana. Do you happen to know the name of the short sword they carry? It is often used in the Hollywood Hari Kari scenes. Not that such endorsement would mean anything of significance. rotflmo

Dan

POTYHC

http://www.TheDevineWind.Blows

www.

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ben589.

Any sword that helps a crat slip into the "haze of time" works fine for me.

Kitty with a crisp packet on it's head and a 30yrd punt worked fine for me, as well as Kitty + size 10 boot + stonewall = sandwich.
Also 87grn v-max, .22 from point blank to 80yrds
shotgun +BB's seems to work also.

The more inventive the better.

Posts: 386 | Location: Displaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
The Daisho were the two swords the Samurai carried on his person day to day. The longer of the two was the katana. The shorter sword was called a Wakizashi.

The katana was the main fighting blade and primary war-sword. However, Wakizashi's weren't used for suicide (although some may have been - I can't stand here and tell you nobody ever killed themselves with their wakizashis)

It was customary as a guest in someone's home to remove the katana and leave it at the entrance as a gesture of good will, so the wakizashi was more of a "house-sword" that could be worn while visiting fellow Samurai, the regional Daimyo, or others of equal of higher stature, and allowed the Samurai to still show respect by taking off his katana, while not leaving himself unarmed.

For hari kari, there was a knife called a tanto. It was more just a regular fixed-blade knife than what I'd consider a sword though, but it did work well for cutting one's own bowels out I suppose.

And those are the three main swords recognized for much of Feudal Japan.

The 4th was a tachi, or "great sword". It was also a lot like a katana, but was larger with a more deeply curved blade and was designed primarily to be used from horseback.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have wacked many with a Sharidon 5mm. There has a local crat that I used to see walking around with out a upper lip and a michel jackson nose. I think he was the one that tried to catch a ballbearing from a wrist rocket.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Heh heh...I gotta tachi, but I never used it on horseback... sofa

Well, thanks again Ben. I have one of Cold Steel's Tantos, the one with the laminated blade. Never thought of using it on myself but have no doubt it would work. Bought it back in '90, and it has not seen a stone yet. Haven't used it a lot but on one occasion I did split a doe's sternum with it. Took a little effort but not much, one pull and it was done. My hunting partner who had made light of it earlier...was awed. Made me shiver a bit...

Dan

POTYHC

http://www.DeathBefore.Dishonor

One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Critter_Killer:
I wouldnt want somebody think i was stalking cats with a broad-sword. QUOTE]

Whats wrong with disemboweling crats with a broad sword?

By the way, a highly skilled samurai swordsman will neuter the aforementioned vermin with such cunning that the cat not notice untill personal hygene time.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nothing is wrong with a broad-sword but, i find them unwieldly. And as for the other stuff. I also do circumcision thumb

One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
So we can post up any pic right ? No matter how 44 magatized it maybe ?

Dwindling the worlds lead supply one cat at a time!!

Posts: 407 | Location: Right here ! | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well a 44 Magatised cat is better than a missed one. Post away 44 and we'll do our level best to get some on here too!

Posts: 188 | Location: staffordshire | Registered: 30 August 2005Reply With Quote