New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rodents known as
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is kind of a Funny mixed up story !.

Some people refer to rodents as Squirrels .

I'm talking about ground brown west coast rodents some people refer to as Ground Squirrels .

No dumber creature on the face of this planet exist unless we go into politics ! Which we're not !.

I'm on my home range developing a load for a New .308 Weather Warrior I purchased . I used a laser Aimshot to just see how they worked . I'm SOLD ON THEM !.Set up the 25 yd. zero on the scope . I don't even have the barrel broke in !. Very First shot at 100 yd. DEAD CENTER 3/4" low !.

So I'm just putting one through and cleaning ,two through and cleaning on and on . You all know the drill.

I'm cleaning when all of a sudden I see #3 rodents charging down my bullet path from the 100 yd towards the 25 yd target . What the ?

So I load another round pop the target and DAM if they don't do it again , then run back !.

So I'm slamming 150 grain cheap .308 projectiles into my back stop behind the target.

Now I fire one chamber another wait 20 seconds here they come . Ever see a Squirrel running head on into a 2700 FPS .308 !??.

Well those of you old enough to remember Rawhide's theme song will get the picture !.

The best part is I repeated this 4 times , one shot rolled two . There were a lot more than 3 squirrels . Now theres not as many ! .

Not exactly a Grand Hunting tale but I had to post this as it was Comical you had to be there !.

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote