Find
Notify
Tools

Good driver
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted
Hauled the garbage can to the curb last Friday just before pick up time. Didn't want to miss the
pickup with the open cans of cat bait, excuse me, cat food in my garbage can. The stuff stinks
as far I am concerned. Walked back to the porch to relax in my chair and enjoy the morning. After about
ten minutes a crat came sulking along the edge of my yard heading for my garbage can. I was about to slip
back into the house to get the Mauser 98 in 45 ACP. The 28 inch barrel makes it real quite. I stopped when
I saw the garbage truck coming up my street. Didn't really need a witness. The crat had made it to my
garbage can and hopped up into it to check for goodies. He hopped back out when the garbage truck's long
mechanical arm grapped the can. The operator shouted to me "That your cat?". I replied "Hell no, I hate
cats!". The operator didn't pick up the can, but let the truck idle there until the cat got enough confidence
up and jumped back into the can after the cat food. The operator promptly re-engaged the mechanical arm and
hoisted the can with the cat into the big trash bin of the truck and them turned on the trash bin compactor
to make room for more crats, I mean trash. I walked over and asked the operator how he liked his coffee and
he said "Black with a little Jack if you have it" I quickly fetched a mug of hot brew with a couple shots of
Jack Daniels added. When I handed it to the operator I thanked him for improving my day. He said he seldom
gets opportunities like that and it is dicey swerving to hit crats in the big truck while driving down residential
streets. He said he will add it to his score and credit me with an assist.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Its just SWEET when you unexpectedly find a kindred spirit! cheers

Dogs have masters.....cats have "staff"..... but i aint no servant!

Posts: 203 | Location: Vancouver Island BC | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OEH.

Reminds me of the old sayin'.."Good redance to bad rubbish" thumb

ATB.

Dave.

Posts: 386 | Location: Displaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunz
posted Hide Post
Man i would love to see that video. I am having a better day just thinking about it. Thanks for sharing.

Most people are link slinkies, Basically useless but fun to push down the stairs.

Posts: 265 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Smiler One might assume the crat had some cold pricklies during his last moments...a yin and yang thing I guess.

Dan

POTYHC

www.Krama.Katra

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's what you call a true spirit of public service.

Thanks for giving my morning a lift OEH. thumb

one of us
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine the "splat" it made?

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"