THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    Re: New to the forum/ here is the toys

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: New to the forum/ here is the toys
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of poletax
posted
Hello Musket.
Welcome to the insanity.
I too have the Savage in .308. Got a Choate stock on her. Love it to death.
Also have an older Savage in .220 swift.Breathtaking red Mist.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Musket_0
posted Hide Post
The pod on the wife's rifle was only to keep it standing up for the picture, kinda like a drunk with a kickstand. Loads of fun, but falls over alot without support.

The 40rnd mag I like for effect, but hunt with the 10rnd. 40's are not known for beeing a consistant feed bag.

The pod on my .308 has a definate use though. This is my first load work up target with 155 Nosler J4's and RL22 powder at 100yrds, 4 shots each.

Bottom left was best charge/harmonics with a measurement of 3/8" edge to edge at the widest point. Just finished loading up 60 rnds or so to play with until the new stock arives. Then with glass bedding and all, I'll have to work through the load test again. Jeff

Posts: 23 | Location: Traverse City, Michigan. | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Derf....
Maybe a "den of divinity"?
hound

Posts: 203 | Location: Vancouver Island BC | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote