Find
Notify
Tools

Weird Cats In The News
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted
In October in Louisburg, Kan., and January in Eau Claire, Wis., cats went missing after hiding behind drywall being installed in houses, eventually getting sealed in.
The unnamed Kansas cat was in for three weeks before workers returned and heard an intrawall shuffling noise, and "Mary Poppins" in Wisconsin moved between walls and ceiling for five days before homeowners tracked her down with thermal imaging equipment. [WKMG-TV (Orlando), 10-27-05] [St. Paul Pioneer-Press-AP, 1-12-06]

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Once again homeowners are forced to spend absurd sums of money to protect their dwelling from crats! Mad When will it end? Confused I'm going down to ACE Hardware and buy some more CBS's. thumb

Hmm, that puts a different sorta spin on CBS News doncha think? I never realized D. Blather was advertising for Omark, Remington and Olin... I guess in every cloud there is a silver lining. Smiler

Dan

POTYHC

www.Damn.Crats!

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Sounds to me like the worker got bored and decided to have a Poe moment.

For the love of God Montresor (sp?)!

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
Why not just probe the walls with a long ice pick
and stop when it turns red?

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
That's something from Steven King / Poe ... walls of your home bleeding.

I've had rats in the attic in my house fighting before when I was trying to sleep. I swear to you guys it sounded like two opossums going at each others throats up there.

======================================
Cleachdadh mi fo m' féileadh dé tha an m' osan.

Posts: 2172 | Location: Highlands of South Alabama, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Dan,,feel lucky that you still have a real hardware store,,The ones around here gave up the ghost around here years ago,,my current choices are wallyworld,,k-mart,,or the candy store,,and the only "sale" there is stuff that people put on consignment that really want to move and removed the pie in thier eye pricing,,Clay www.momboughtmyfirstpistolfromthewesternautocatalog.com

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RareBear
posted Hide Post
This thread certainly brings points to ponder: CB caps and thermal imaging ...

Posts: 166 | Location: Cardington, Ohio, USA, 3rd rock from the sun, Milkyway Galaxy | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Some could use a stethoscope? But since you must get the durn thing out, a lather's hatchet would be the appropriate tool.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Clay, as a sign of my ever increasing seniority I must admit that I don't recall saying that we had a real hardware store here, least not in specific terms...BUT BY GAWD, WE DO!!!

Fred bought Buddy out, but it's still called Buddy and Fred's Hardware. It's in the town of Inglis, which is right next door to Yankeetown and Crackertown. thumb Sort of an incestuous triangle now that I consider it... but anyhoo, been going there for 5 years this coming August, and only been disappointed 3 times. That's kinda odd too, 'cause I'm always looking for things that are way too odd to be stocked anywhere but(you guessed it) Buddy and Fred's! rotflmo It's for sale now, Fred wants to retire. Frowner Fortunately, the dalmation or the parrot might intervene if the Gods allow. I figger that if the bird takes a hunk outta the prospective buyer's ear we may forestall the standard corporate engulf and devour thing...I'm hopin' for that anyway. Wink

It's an African Grey, never can remember its name, but hold out a finger and it hops aboard and makes weird little bird noises. Fred sez it bites, and he's not responsible...well, I already knew that since he's running a business next door to Crackertown and all. Thing is, I got some 'Pirate' in my background and know the ways of parrots and boarding ships etc. They won't bite if you give 'em the evil eye matey...AARRRGGH! cheers

Speaking of the evil eye, ya know what happens if you get mixed up with Polident and Preparation H? You talk like an asshole but your gums won't itch. Badda-da-Bing.

If big boobed wimmen work at Hooters, where do one legged wimmen work? IHOP. Badda-bing-badda-boom.

Dan

POTYHC

www.VeritableFountOf.UselessInformation

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
quote:
But since you must get the durn thing out, a lather's hatchet would be the appropriate tool.

I ain't EVEN going there. Frowner(although stuff like this is why I drop by.)

DD, ya ought to buy that place.Let someone else run it for ya.Think of the deals ya could get on rimfire cartridges.Maybe write off that .416 shootin' stick on Taxes.
And then there are the deals ya could get on Hav-A-Harts'.

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Yeah,,,And train the parrot to say here kitty,,kitty!!!! www.bustedthatbastard.com Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of panzerguy
posted Hide Post
Uhhh, Clay, that's a real website. Some rock band dedicated to stopping poverty or somesuch.

Posts: 278 | Location: Wherever I park my tank | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Hey there,,so it is! It was bound to happen sooner or later.I wish them the best on knocking out world poverty. Clay www.whodathunkit.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

WOW! Panzerguy! a rock band dedicated to stopping poverty, ending global warming, getting some dhimmitude, trade restrictions as in medieval times, nimby, saving flipper, veganity!!!!!!!! How Stupid some rockers are.

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
quote:
How Stupid some rockers are.

I wonder if they get stupid because of the music or if they make that music because they are stupid...? bewildered

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Making music is easier than working. Easy work gets easy money. Easy money gets drugged out and makes everything stupid. People buy stupid music...the cycle becomes irreversable.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In thinking of the issue remember the difference in product between Bach and Bono.