New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uschi goes to school
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Some rat bastard stole Petra, my two year old German Shorthair Pointer, earlier this summer.
Lois and I bought a new puppy that we named Ursula (Uschi for short).
I have to get the unimportant stuff out of the way first (like teaching her to hunt). Then we will turn her over to Magda, my queen bitch of the whole world six year old GSP. Magda has 24 confirmed crats to her credit. She has come home with crat scratch marks many times, so I have to assume a true total in excess of 45.
Anyway, I will video the training process up through Uschi's first solo kill.
The live trapping in my ugly little town has been extremely successful, so there will be no shortage of training aids.

lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
LD,

Sorry to hear about your loss of Petra.

So is the pup another GSP? I am sure that you will have another crat catching tag team soon. Keep us posted.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah,
Another GSP, out of blood lines known around here for durability, tractability and also an inborn hatred of felines.

I heard some yawling behind the riding arena on the horse training farm I live on. Magda came home a little later with a few scratches on her snout. She was so happy she did the toenail danceacross the linoleum floor in the kitchen

dart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote