THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    Newbie question: Why call a cat a crat

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newbie question: Why call a cat a crat
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of crl
posted
What am I missing.

crl

The average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty; and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies.

Posts: 379 | Location: MN | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Because more fitting names are considered unpolite language.

There is nothing that cannot be accomplished with brute force and ignorance

Posts: 145 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nothing. You entered the Delta Quadrant when you clicked on this forum. Things are a little different here. It's squill, grinner, crat, diller, dorg(sometimes), hawg....and some others I'm sure. My oxygen supply is running low, gotta go. Wink

It is a phenomona common on sites wherein folks know each other fairly well. I see from your number of posts you are fairly new here, so you may still need a universal translator. Adm. James T. Kirk used to visit here frequently and distributed a few.... Ever been to www.24hourCampfire.com ? They have their own weird lingo over there...or up there...somewhere anyway. Sucks = Remington 700, McSwirley = a painted(wild) McMillan composite stock, etc etc. Hang around, it'll make sense in awhile. Just don't start talking like this at work, at least if you like your job. Wink

Dan

POTYHC

www.AintThat.SomeChitt?

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh, it just occurred to me...since I really don't know the answer I'll make something up. thumb

Long time back(when men were steel and ships were wood), there was a creature of politics that was the bane of Yankee skullduggery known as the "Dixiecrat". This name came from being both a registered Democrat and having very conservative philosophies. The rest of the Dimocrats didn't like this too much so they came up with the term since it was more likely to be published in such stalwart publications as the New York Times than "assholes", or "God Damn Redneck Shitheads". "Dixiecrat" was not a complimentary term for the most part when used by 'crats from the Nawth...maybe you see where this is goin'???? Confused Anyway, proving once again that Southerners were naturally brighter and certainly more glib than their northern peers, the Dixiecrats took the phrase as a compliment and badge of honor. The Yankee 'crats were besides themselves with dismay. They realized they were in fact inferior to their Southern Cousins, and lo, they were even DIM. It is not unlike the ghetto brother calling folks from the South "Crackers", as if it were a bad thing, sort of like revenge for being called niggers. Remind me to tell you about the origin of "Cracker" someday...this one I do know, and it is in truth an honourable term to be worn with pride.

Thus it is today that there are Dimocrats, crats, and even a few Democrats holding down the fort. Dimocrats are dead people walking, Democrats will survive albeit with small influence. The future looks bleaker each day for crats. The movement is growing...

Dan

POTYHC

www.AndNow.YouKnow

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
FOr the record, I even got my wife to start calling the cat a crat! She thought it sounded cute.

DING DING DING! I think I win a prize!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
clap clap clap

I am in awe!

Dan

POTYHC

www.IdSettleFor.DamnSumbitch

one of us
posted Hide Post
Based on about a year's reading of this forum, I surmised that the term crat came from the famous purveyor of crat delicacies--also known as the Dragon Lady. Check out her posts--by the way, where has she been lately? Gone home to visit honorable ancestors?

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i believe the name crat came from a critten when it grew up homer

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Remind me to tell you about the origin of "Cracker" someday...this one I do know, and it is in truth an honourable term to be worn with pride.

I am called a "Cracker' sometimes by my dark skinned friends.This name is bestowed on me after I trounce them at horseshoes,billiards,darts,or a friendly exchange of fists or gunfire.

'Nilla Ass is my moniker when I decline a game of basketball, for I am the Worlds Whitest White Guy.

It is true that the name Cracker is a title to hold close to the bosom.Tough Bastards these men were (are).

Gooooooooooogle 'Florida Cracker' and see what comes up.*

Being a Lefty Paradise, I doubt they have much on it. Roll Eyes

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DD,

Only for sure Crackers I ever knew were Jimmy Morrison and family who owned the MQ Ranch in Osteen. I worked there 2 summers in high school before I discovered girls.

There was group that lived on Puzzle Lake at the head of the St Johns River where Dad and I used to duck hunt that were pretty close. They were all fine folks and we had duck for dinner with them many times.

There was also a group around the East end of Green Swamp, but I'm sure Disney or some other fagot screwed them out of their land and they are gone.

I think the Yankees paved paradise and put up a parking lot!!

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lowrider, they got a lot, that's fer sure. But less than a mile from where I sit is the community of Crackertown....no chitt.(OK) It ain't the kinda place you want to wear a Kerry tee-shirt.

As to the rest, Amen!

Dan

POTYHC

www.Nilla.Ass? rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My kinda town!!!

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
It dawned on me how similar crat is to crap.......okay, so I haven't slept much lately......

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought that crat was a cross between cat and rat, signifying the feline's vermin status.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There once was a critter called "crat",
That had the personality of a rat,
Try as I might,
To get them into flight,
I still love hear them go "splat"

Now, that is why I like "crats"!!!!

Posts: 10153 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I always thought it came from the greater of the two evils. demoCRATS, but i guess not. Oh and by the way 2 more crats are down today. ruger10/22 and pellet rifles are getting some use.

Well polish my balls and serve me a milkshake!

Posts: 325 | Location: Cordele, GA | Registered: 24 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunz
posted Hide Post
I got it. A cross between a cat and crap CRAT.

Most people are link slinkies, Basically useless but fun to push down the stairs.

Posts: 265 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
I can't stand it no more,,In the great pissing matches of 2002 +,,,When ghengis and his lackluster followers thought they were riding high in here,,and threatened to kill us all with thier 8mm mausers,,or report us to whoever,,We decided that a cat is pretty much an overgrown rat,,they piss on everything you own,,shred it up,,or if they can't fuck it up enough,,they go and puke on whatever you treasure,,just like a rat =CRAT,,Kill'em ALL!!!Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunz
posted Hide Post
Wow!!!!, Thats all I have to say about it.

Most people are link slinkies, Basically useless but fun to push down the stairs.

Posts: 265 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote