New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: What do I do?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Which could do more damage around your property? which shot would be easier to make? if the coyote stays what would he do? leave for lack of a meal? if the cat stays what would it do? stay and shit in your yard leaving u to stpe in it because he didnt cover it up properly, and leaving paw prints on your vehichle? you decide which one you would want on your property longer. but if it were me i would shoot the coyote because thats bigger sized game. just my 2 cents.

Posts: 325 | Location: Cordele, GA | Registered: 24 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Shoot the coyote first.

They are much more skittish around people and are harder to lure in.

Just make sure you get both.

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Easy choice,shoot the cat. The coyote will now either starve or eat other cats that show up.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
The answer is simple, but the timing is every thing. Wait until the yote has caught and killed the crat, then shoot the yote. See, simple and cheap, only one bullet needed.

Hog Killer

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm with H.K.!!!!

Posts: 255 | Location: Left coast, Right mind! | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Blow the hell out of the cat and save the coyote for a hunt. They are good game animals. Cats are fun to explode.

Yote

Posts: 87 | Location: Eldon Missouri | Registered: 16 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forums MFH,For close range,,,I reccomend a benelli semi auto fed with a diet of #4 buck shot,,,Or a browning 1919,,Mow the pests down,,,,,then finish mowing the lawn,trimming the trees and shrubs,,,all at the same time ,,,,Good luck!!! Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take your 25/06 and just as the coyote grabs for the cat, nail the cat. You won't get to take a second shot though, you will be to busy pissing yourself at the antics of Mr. Yote as he tries to E&E! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Patience has it's own virtues. I would be inclined to follow earlier advice and let the 'yote nail the crat first, and hopefully, whilst shaking it vigorously he would present a shot suitable to the cartridge and range.

I got no use for crats, they are a nuisance 'round the homestead. 'Yotes make a mess out of my deer hunting from time to time and they multiply like rabbits. I think they are "illegals" down here in the South anyway, I give them no quarter. I don't even think their hides bring much on the fur market from this area, so I vote for the natural twofer.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Best.Mileage

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Shoot the crat. Inject the carcass with glycol based antifreeze, no thte new 'non-toxic' stuff, dispose of crat near area where yote was seen. 2 down, 1 shot!

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote