New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problem or Opportunity?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
In my old retired days, I mow a few lawns to pay for my deer lease. One of the guys I work for asked me if I knew how to get rid of a bunch of crats that lived under his neighbor's shed. homer Said they were stinking up his place and he didn't enjoy sitting out in the yard.

I said I surely could, and then he began to quiz me on my tactice, techniques, and procedures. Well, it turned out he didn't want to offend his neighbor. thumbdown

Now, this past week, he told me the original neighbor's crats weren't a problem anymore, because all the crats (11 of them) had moved to the neighbor on the other side, who fed them all the time. He doesn't want to offend them either--so, as my post's title asks, does he have a problem or do I have an opportunity? Confused Going to have to be a stealth solution whichever choice. Oh, and by the way, my .22 only holds 10 rounds.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mower, can of tuna, who cares how many rounds your .22 holds? Sounds like a fine opportunity from where I sit. This depends on how well you can do contrite, deep sorrow and overwhelming grief will also be in order, I'm sure you can pull this off.
BK

Posts: 107 | Location: Wet side | Registered: 19 February 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of HiTekRednek
posted Hide Post
perhaps a can of chicken of the sea and about 10 to 15 ground up sominex OTC sleepaids?

or an IED claymore under a can of chicken of the sea?

Back in my law enforcement days, we ran an op on a "catnip" grower and meth cooker. He had some tripwires set out that were as simple as a piece of fishing line, a victor rattrap,2 12 penny nails,and a .410 shotgun shell that were designed to take a kneecap out. I bet something that ingenious could be adapted to taking out the neighborhood VC(vermin crats)

...in hollow points we trust...

Posts: 13 | Location: 10 miles from nowhere...surrounded by idiots | Registered: 29 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can buy an higher capacity mag...or mebbe a Browning .22 Auto. I suggest you hold out for one chambered in shorts...they do very well with CBs.

Oh, explosives are illegal, ferget I mentioned it.

Dan

POTYHC

www.DontUseYer.TailRotorEither

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
dustoffer... you have a great opportunity there. The guy you work for had a genuine migration pathway through his yard from one side to the other, and if you bait the old bedding area with wally world friskers or establish scratching posts there with catnip plots the crats will continue to travel back and forth from the old bedding area to the free crouch & gobble on the far side. Just like elks or whitetails do. Likely one or more of the cats is the Tom Terror of the neighborhood yap-yaps, or the sneaky little bastard that's been spraying back door steps causing that smell like CAT PISS. (Always carry a little detergent bottle full of piss+ammonia when advising clients in cases like this. Just be surreptitious about spraying it, eh?) Well, it smells like cat piss. That way you can charge for ADC work in addition to grass cutting too. In a case like this, you can set up a faux shooting blind on the guy's patio and set up a dummy holding a broomstick. Make sure its wearing your size camo clothes. After he reports game sightings to you , you only have to get there before light or just before dusk, ditch the dummy and take its place. Cats usually straggle a bit following a general direction to the free food at Cat Huggers Restaurant, where they socialize, eat, piss, yowl a bit, and then sneak about to kill defense wittle neighborhood rabbits and birds. Gently tell your guy that only an idiot would think he doesn't have a problem with 11 free range cats next door. That's where the life-size paw print stamp and faux cat piss/dust stamp pad come in. Use it generously about the place. (Same warning as above) Even without the travel route concept, there is a den of ferals hanging about just asking for it. A large cap magazine is not needed, just 1 shot, one kill, in a sequential manner as even a pride of lawn leopards only numbers 5 or 7, usually. Make sure you got your fightimg knife or commemorative Bowie with you just in case. As soon as you take the shot(s), run out in the middle of the yard and yell " That(those) rock(s) hit my truck you little bastards, and if you throw any more, I'll tell your parents." That will take care of the shot noises. Once you get this far, be sure to call the public health authorities from a couple different pay phones in the area and report rabid appearing cats in the neighborhood, and after the libs put it in the paper, put up posters about your "Have Heart, Will Travel" cat help services. Then you can be running a $50 a pop live trapping service to catch poor rabid sick Fluffies for "patrons del gatos". $50 for setting the trap in their yard, $100 for transport to and monitoring by PETA. Yes, PETA. Here in N.C. the PETA boys and girls collect the cats from pounds and KILL them in their own vans on the ride back to Norfolk, perhaps in between vegan fast food and vegan F*cks, and throw the carcasses in county dumpsters. But let 'em work for you, they have free pickup, I think. OBTW, if you get rich, or even have a good time at this, You could appreciatively send me one of those "long tom" CZ .22 rifles. Your foirum helper, ned.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
N.S.--thx for the advice--got to think on it a bit, 'cause the yard is only about 60' wide from fence to fence and both neighbors are "stay-at-homes" during the summer at least.

However, you did pose an interesting question in my mind--is a vegan F*ck done with a carrot, cucumber, or zucchini?

one of us
posted Hide Post
dustoffer,I have limited experiences with that, well, actually just one experience to be truthful. Back in the days between discharge and degrees, I was offered and accepted a piece of vegan fruit. After the vegan fast food and during the vegan F*cks, xghkjktw267jmn, ;0-0jhfeedcbmlpoiyrsdvbmkjgrredcvnmloirrdfghj, kkkmjy5r345798kmnmhy6655t, vce33dbnjkiioooolk, njioiyredvn,lpoutrdvbnm, liurec gyuimnhnkolm, fewexxzawrhn,..;'[p-0975gvfw23467jnnvdg!!!!!! Please note that I have encrypted the physical description as it included some electrifying language which intimidates some who are afraid of what PETA's might think. I never went back to check on the vegan cat again though.

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gonna have to send me the decryption algorhythm for that one--oh yeah, if it gets decrypted, the one that got the crat collar thread shut down might object since the language was "electrifying" Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will say, as a warning to innocents that the fulfillment smell of that vegan was worse than pt's West Virginia buzzard puke, let alone knowing you got it on yer ..... And that's not so good.