Find
Notify
Tools

Micro mouse hunting.........
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?products_id=11582

Sure would love to try one of these "bad boys" out but don't have a house. To protect non-target species, I would set in a type of cage. r in s.

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Avatar
posted Hide Post
I can't figure how it works??
Does it fire something into the offending rodent??

Posts: 408 | Location: The Valley, South Australia | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like it! Wonder if it would take out an offensive starling if I baited it right?

Posts: 119 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: 05 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
10 grains of blackpowder ignited by a percussion cap fired pointblank into face wouldn't need a projectile......also, might be OK for indoor use, basement etc. with only a powder load. Someone try it please & let me know.....r i s.

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Avatar
posted Hide Post
Oh I see it now.
The barrel is the horizontal part at the bottom with the muzzle pointing to the left of the picture.
The mouse squeezes in under the long trigger lever near the muzzle to get at the bait, trips the sear and POOF!, a self induced head shot.
Very cool indded. Cool

Posts: 408 | Location: The Valley, South Australia | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hyena
posted Hide Post
that is way cool, I need one for my deer blind.
If the chipmunk came in it would wake me up BOOM

Posts: 38 | Location: Michiganistan | Registered: 02 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine bought one of these a few years ago as we thought they looked pretty interesting. After doing a little work on the hammer, it worked very well. Supposedly you smear a little peanut butter or some other bait on the underside of the trigger and when the offending rodent works on it, it is pushed upward tripping the trigger and killing the rodent. We just loaded a bit of blackpowder and a tightly balled up piece of paper as the bullet and it definitely worked. Always thought it would be in interesting tree rat (squirrel) trap, but we never set it for any critters.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1171 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hyena
posted Hide Post
I had 2 rat traps and 6 mouse traps on my window sill where they were coming in. They were all being tripped with no sign of a catch. I set a #1 cat trap and caught a red squirrel, and a mouse in the small traps. The next day caught a flying squirrel.

I think the mouse cannon might be a little small for squill. Maybe one of them 12g cannons with some special handloads could be set up like that. BOOM

Posts: 38 | Location: Michiganistan | Registered: 02 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw a mouse one evening in the living room. It scampered behind the piano. I went to the basement and came back up with my Crosman 760 PowerMaster loaded with a .177 cal projectile. When the mouse looked out from behind the piano, I nailed it. It didn't die right away, and left a small blood trail on the carpet, but it expired nonetheless. My wife was amazed at my marksmanship, but still made ME clean up the blood. I just figured it was one less trap to empty.

Fast Ed

Measure your manhood not by success, but by significance.

Posts: 128 | Location: Delafield, Wi. | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote