New
Find
Notify
Tools

It Takes All Kinds---
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Here's another story generated by a crat. Seems the crat-lover isn't as smart as his crat.

PORTLAND, Ore.(AP) A man climbed a tree to save his cat, but ended up needing to be saved himself.

Ken Sinclair's white kitten, Breather, got stuck 30 feet up in a fir tree on Friday.

Sinclair tried calling to him, but the cat wouldn't budge, so he climbed the tree. He managed to coax the cat down, but then couldn't find a way back down the tree. Firefighters arrived with a 100-foot ladder in tow.

The cat and owner are now safe.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
Picture of littlecanoe
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't a .22 have been easier? and quicker?

One of Us
Picture of Crimson Mister
posted Hide Post
I never got called to rescue a cat from a tree the whole time I was on a fire dept. I did have a plan though. I figured the 2 1/2" deck monitor would "save" fluffy. Be lots easier than setting up a friggin' ladder too.

Some people are a lot like Slinkies: They're not good for much but it's kind of fun to push them down a flight of stairs.

Posts: 772 | Location: Norwalk, Wisconsin | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by littlecanoe:
Wouldn't a .22 have been easier? and quicker?

Uh-huh, Tackleberry had it right! Big Grin derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Cut Down the Tree!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crat kill and firewood combo, not a bad idea if ya need the cord wood. Otherwise don't kill the tree just to kill a crat. Too many other fun ways to extract a lawn lion from high places.thumb

Some people are a lot like Slinkies: They're not good for much but it's kind of fun to push them down a flight of stairs.

Posts: 772 | Location: Norwalk, Wisconsin | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
But ossifer, we had to shoot the danged crat to save the Spotted Owl, then had to cut down the tree cause the aforementioned crat got stuck up in the branches and we was afeared that the carcass would put off the owl from it's nest, Honest! Smiler Uh, no sir, I have know idea where the Highlife beercans and FFG can come from! Roll Eyes derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
My own view of this kind of thing is that a "Stupid Tax" is needed to correct the liberal imposition of do-gooder heroism. A "Stupid Tax" is one that requires the community to recover the costs of "saving" people from their own stupidity. You climb that tree and get yourself stuck up there to save a cat and we will charge you for sending a four vehicle fire department crew and a squad car out to save your stupid ass. The libertarian option you have of course is to get yourself down as best you can without hollerin' for help. The same goes for spotted owl fanciers. Wanna save those owls? OK, just pony up the support costs for those honest people you throw out of work. What about Mr. Bear Whisperer and his g/f, that the park service long knew was asking for it up in griz city. It cost us $ to investigate and clean up the bear picnic that resulted. Simple, we stupid tax his estate. Now, that's why I'm votin' for Mr poletax, the next senator from WV.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Way he talks I think VP is appropriate. There is ample precedent. Even FDR was salty. Nixon too. Mebbe POTUS...I'd vote for that. salute

Dan

POTYHC

www.CaliforniaAint.ReadyThough

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Mr. Sinclair should be sent to Gitmo.Or shot.Or both.Fuggin' cry-baby.
Fire Fighters are supposed to fight fires.
Someone should have set fire to the tree.Only then could I see calling them.In about two hours.
And whats with a 100 foot ladder to get to someone 30 feet up? Ya'd have to lean it way out.I bet it looked like a wheelchair ramp.Dumbasses.
I could have gotten him down with a couple of pitchin' shoes.Okay,maybe 3 or 4.
Daryl Hanna got up in a tree downwind of Mr. Sinclair.Some kinda protest or sumpthin'. But thats okay cos I'd like to get in her pants.

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
I like the fire hose idea. In my youth we chased may a crat out of our trees with the garden hose. A nice fire hose would make the job that much more fun! I wonder if it would be impolite to take bets on how far from the base of the tree the crat is going to land?

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CDH:
I wonder if it would be impolite to take bets on how far from the base of the tree the crat is going to land?

With a 2 1/2" water canon, I believe with a little practice you could get a hundred feet pretty easy. It would take a few cats to get the technique down because the stream would not only have to push but elevate, too.

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
I would like to try that thing with the water cannon and a cat. Call me at br-549 the next time. ned

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote