THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    Re: New "ahem" project in the works

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: New "ahem" project in the works
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
DAMN!!! POTKB!

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Breathless.Anticipation

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Likely aircraft related?

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
I think I know what it is.

120mm has been asking some "interesting" questions on the Projects forum at This Old Shed.

Go take a look.

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Drat! Cross-contamination has foiled me again. I'll keep all supplied with pics and test data when I complete it.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why reinvent the Claymore. It works just fine as is,don't it?? derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
By Jove , The man is building a rocket propelled Out House.
When the crats go in to get the bait, slam the door and off they go.
Way Cool.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
I dunno about you guys, but I'd be scared that a belt-fed full auto 10 guage would start melting the rounds before they've even had a chance to cook off ...

How could you cool something like that enough not to melt the plastic?

Posts: 2172 | Location: Highlands of South Alabama, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Brass shells.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Jeez, you guys are thick - I practically spell it out for you and you STILL get it wrong.

This is what he has been asking suspicious questions about.

http://thisoldshed.proboards38.com/index.cgi?board=Projects&action=display&num=1100785569

I'm beginning to doubt this is for his daughters school project!

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Naw TM, we're not thick, we're having fun. I'm really liking the Rocket Propelled Outhouse(RPO).

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Mad.Scientist

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Funny thing, I don't crat hunt much. But I did build a 5 foot tall trebuchet last year. I can shoot 1 lb rocks 200 feet, or 30 smaller rocks for the shotgun effect. 2 crats were going at it in the field by my house last january and I couldn't resist. Loaded it with a good handfull, positioned where I thought it would strike gold, and WHAM! Nailed one of them in the head and broke the leg of the other. THe neighbors weren't too appreciative! Damn these upscale neighborhoods...

one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Who has the movie rights? I want a copy!

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
W.T.G. bigstik!!!!!!! Welcome to the camp,,,,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Lots of talent here 120 mm. You need some technical input you just ask. That's good for chemical, bi......, nu....., gourmet. Even scatological to suggest one more. This is the place Blackbeard would have hunted for crew, Attilla for archers, Sauron for the ring. Why this mob of mates.......

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
...should be in charge, that's what I say!

lilbigstick, I am under the influence of a lilbiglaugh from your exploits with the trebuchet. Nice work dude! Have you tested it to see if crats can fly yet? If so, how far, and do they catch the 3rd wire when they touch down? Have you considered putting a harness on the crat and tying a goodly length of bungee cord to the harness and the trebuchet frame? Do you have a tennis racket?

Welcome aboard, glad to have you!

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Trebuchet.Ricochet

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I did build a 5 foot tall trebuchet

Lets see some pictures
How far will a 6 lb crat go and will it land on it's feet?

Hog Killer

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My 14 year old daughter has taken a liking to the "Scorpion" and I really cannot blame her. That thing looks bad to the bone!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
That I will have to try! Now as soon as we get our digital cam working again I will snap a few photos. It is 5ft tall and has a 120lbs counterweight, recently my bucket broke so I need to fix that.