THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TROPHY ROOM FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Trophy Room Pictures    What to do with the closet in my study

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to do with the closet in my study
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted
Okay,
Trophies will be here in a few weeks.

I have a spare room that is going to be a study. A few book cases, couple of Chesterfield chairs with an ottoman on a zebra rug and that is about it as far as furnishings. Kinda along the lines of Mr. Dalgrens 'cigar room'.

There is a small closet in the room. About 4X8 and there are currently two 24" doors to close it.

I am thinking of a built in gun cabinet of some sort vs a safe (dont really like the aesthetics of that so very low chance of that happening) vs wet bar (closet backs up to bathroom so plumbing and power are no great added expense).

Anybody have any ideas or thoughts? Pictures would be wonderful if you have seen anything along this line.

thx in advance

Smiler

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reframe the closet doors for a 32" door...put in a 30"x60" gun safe. That way, you have the safe to secure your weapons & they are out of sight to those you do not want them aware of. Use the remaining closet space to frame a small bookcase for knicknacks, memorabelia, etc.

one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
Wet bar my friend. While this one is more of a butler's pantry between the kitchen and dinning room, it use to be a closet and I would kill for it to be in my study.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Cumming, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
[IMG:top] [/IMG]

I know this is an old post but just finished this closet awhile back.

Posts: 2 | Location: United States of America | Registered: 30 March 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It's now my reloading area. My dad has one that is his fly tying bench.

Posts: 2 | Location: United States of America | Registered: 30 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
Good Idea,,looks great and usefull!

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1409 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steel Door and frame. As good as most safes.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote