Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1895 Rand McNally Map of Africa
 Login/Join

posted
Hello - I've been a lurker for years, mainly picking up reloading tips for rifle and handgun on this site. I have a framed map of Africa from the Rand McNally Atlas of 1895 which I would like to sell. Before posting it in the classified section I thought that the guys most likely to be interested in this piece would be those of you who have these incredible trophy rooms.

So that I don't take up any more space here than a newbie deserves I'd like to let it be known that if anyone here is interested in this great old map, they are welcome to PM me and request an e-mail address. I can send quality photographs using simple e-mail attachments and avoid the complications of photobucket here. This old map is really something: excellent shape, still vivid colors, and the history ... well, this map drips history. I bought this map when I was first reading about Selous and several of the other great old hunters of Africa back in the day. 1895 was the era of "Kongo Free State" and so much that is gone today on that continent. So, if this intrigues you please feel welcome to send me a PM and we'll talk some more. Thank you for your time. - DixieBoyfromLevergunners

One of Us
Picture of Big Game Hunter
posted Hide Post
PM sent.

Keith O'Neal
Trophy Collectors Consultants
Po Box 3908
Oxford, AL. 36203
256-310-4424
TCChunts@gmail.com

All of your desires can be found on the other side of your fears.

Posts: 490 | Location: Oxford, AL. | Registered: 24 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I'll take it, PM sent.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't believe I missed this. If anything falls through, not that I think it will, shoot me A pm.

Posts: 10044 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Guys, one of your members, William Rounds, was the second one to send me a PM about the map, and the first one to say "I'll take it."

I thank you all for your interest. I may never get to Africa myself but reading about alot of your adventures is pretty great stuff too.

Thank you again. - DixieBoyfromLevergunners

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd sure love to see a photo of the map. Just for curiosity sake.

SCI Life Member
DRSS

"In those savage countries success frequently depends upon one particular moment; you may lose or win according to your action at that critical instant."

Sir Samuel Baker

Posts: 297 | Location: New Scotland, Canada | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Game Hunter
posted Hide Post
Guess I missed that one. I requested a photo but never got it. Can I see one now.

Keith O'Neal
Trophy Collectors Consultants
Po Box 3908
Oxford, AL. 36203
256-310-4424
TCChunts@gmail.com

All of your desires can be found on the other side of your fears.

Posts: 490 | Location: Oxford, AL. | Registered: 24 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I did buy it, but offered the map to my brother as a birthday gift so haven't seen it yet myself. DixieBoy did send a couple of pics to me though:

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Neat map, Wink.