New
Find
Notify
Tools

My only mount in my new room
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Here it is folks, the start of my trophy room/bar/mans nook.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7979 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great looking mount! Congrats on getting your room started in a most impressive way!

Posts: 129 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: 04 October 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I'd love to hunt those someday.

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great potential for filling it up! Smiler

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great start. Would love to see some of the field photos from your trip.

"The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching". - John Wooden

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I don't have many as I was just out hunting pigs with a mate of mine. I stalked into a water hole to kill a young eater when this big bugger walked in.

And me caping the bloody thing out.

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7979 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Impressive mount! You probably see a hundred Cape Buffs for every one of those (at least here in North America), but this is certainly just as imposing a critter.

By the way, women have "nooks"...men have "caves"! Wink

John

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
how'd you get your
mother in law to hold so still?

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Nice Bakesly! Put more up!

~Ann

Posts: 19171 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice trophy, but I was expecting some XXX pics. Eeker

BTW what did you shoot him with?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NEVER SEEN ONE MOUNTED
LOOKS VERY COOL
THANKS FOR POSTING

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I don't have any more Ann, only some mounted pig tusks. Going to work towards some deer mounts next.

One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
Nice taxidermy job, too. I like it.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
looks great.

Posts: 521 | Registered: 30 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like you have plenty of room for a lot more. Congrats

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! Time to get busy.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
My wife would be ecstatic to only have one in the house, get busy and fill it up so she can be mad at you for taking up all the space and intruding onto "her" walls.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bakes, you're doing it the right way...getting a trophy room then filling it up afterwards. I do it the other way around :-)

Posts: 20090 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seeing one mounted makes me want to hunt OZ even more.

Biebs, it is much easier to get the $$$ approved for a man cave after you have several trophy head mounted.

It took my lovely wife about fifteen minutes from the time she walked in the front door from work and saw my Cape Buffalo mount on the living room wall to approve funding for my man cave...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote