THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TROPHY ROOM FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Trophy Room Pictures    OW's New Room Part III As Of May 15

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OW's New Room Part III As Of May 15
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted
Still haven't hung any heads, but I've been busy and going broke as well. My wife took me out to "look" at furniture last Friday. The looking made me $3,000 poorer. Big Grin Couch, loveseat, two end tables and coffee table were delivered on Sat. Sofa table to match is on backorder. Location is only temporary until I finish my work in the old family room part.

Below the furniture pix are a couple of one of my "take time from the boring work and do something creative" projects. I threw it together over the last two weeks, using pine planks recycyled from two of our old waterbeds. Dimensions are 38"W x 75"L x 30"H. Once I get one more coat of White Diamond bowling alley wax on the table, it will get moved to under the hanging chandelier behind the loveseat.

The heads WILL be going up this weekend, though! In fact, I just got the impala and blesbok back. Only the bushbuck and springbok left of the 12 from Africa. Then it's on to the NZ stuff -- red stag, tahr, chamois and lifesize wallaby.

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308sniper
posted Hide Post
WOW cant wait to see the mounts.

PETA: people eating tasty animals

Posts: 46 | Location: VA | Registered: 12 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Tony:

Beautiful table, but tThere are a lot of bolts under it. Are that many structurally necessary?

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Tony,

Your room is looking fantastic! The table you built is amazing as well. Congrats on having it all come together.

drum

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Bill,

I probably could have gotten by with four hanger bolts for each leg, but no one has ever accused me of doing something half-assed. If four would have been sufficient, eight is even better. Roll Eyes

Actually, those are 2 1/2" hanger bolts. They are screwed directly into the 1 1/4" thick table top one inch. Then the bolt-threaded ends protrude 3/4" thru the 3/4" X 6" x 24" solid maple leg supports. These have 6 screws thru them into the tops of the 12" wide legs, a side support with four more screws running parallel to the top and then a spreader between the tops of the two legs. Washers and nylon locking nuts complete the assembly, which is geared toward quickly separating the legs from the top to get it thru narrow doors if necessary.

Obviously, I wanted it to be stable because the top is quite heavy. I can literally put the heels of my hands on the edge of the center of a side and put all of my weight on the top without it coming a fraction of an inch off the floor on the opposite side. Likewise for the length with my weight on an end. -TONY

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote