New
Find
Notify
Tools

My "Poor Boy's Trophy Room"
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well, doesn't compare to what you are normally used to seeing--but this is my trophy/reloading room.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a276/dustoffer/Picture.jpg

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can bet there are thousands of guys that would love to hang out there and enjoy a beverage with you! nice display of rack on right side of table. Kurt.

Posts: 205 | Location: Hondo Tx | Registered: 22 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
kweber-you've got good taste since you are a neighbor (I'm 30 miles east of San Antonio). The base on both the rack on the table and the one on top are slabs of Hill Country cedar. The pedestals the skulls sit on are smaller cedar limbs.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
dustoffer
one of us
Posted 28 January 2006 18:29
Well, doesn't compare to what you are normally used to seeing--but this is my trophy/reloading room.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a276/dustoffer/Picture.jpg

Normally I see a room like that all the time. Mine is very simmilar minus all those racks. I think that the guys here on AR with those huge trophy rooms are very fortunate to be able to afford those rooms. IMO those are not rooms you see every day. I would say that the majority of AR trophy rooms are simmilar to yours. This not a jab at fancy trophy rooms that are posted here, I admire them and appreciate people posting them for us to see. BTW nice racks. But, Where is that monster texas Boar skull at?
cheers

Posts: 412 | Location: Iowa, for now | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Looks like a nice place to spend time.

I'm sure it serves the primary function of any trophy room and that's to display the things that bring back memories of your days in the field.

Thanks for sharing,

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kyler-it does just that--I spend hours in this room-either reloading, remembering, or cleaning guns. Looking at the racks (ranging from a "mouse deer" whose B&C score won't make 5) to the two bigger whitetails that I rattled up from some 500+ yards away surely brings back lots of memories. Some day I might be persuaded to tell the story about how the Ten-Shot Blind got its name. Mad But, it is surely a lot funnier now than 5 years ago.

And, for you .223 Varmint Ventilator, the hog skull is on the top left, next to the radio and under the shotgun hanging on the rack. Or, you can go here and see it. That's a 7 Mag cartridge in its mouth for comparison.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a276/dustoffer/P1180269.jpg

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice pig. I regret not doing more hunting in Texas while I was stationed in Galveston from 01-04. Congrats, what did you take that piggy with?

Posts: 412 | Location: Iowa, for now | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted Hide Post
I love that room!!!

Where are you located?- I see a Cardinals fan sign over the bench.

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would love to have that trophy room. I load in my garage on a bench-my 6pt bull elk is hung at my brother's house-all my deer stored in two decoy bags in the attic waiting for the day when I have a house that they will go with the decor.
At least that's what my wife says.

Thanks for sharing,
STeve

Posts: 81 | Location: nebr. usa | Registered: 03 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 3584ELK
posted Hide Post
Nicely done considering the space you have!

Merkel 140A- .470NE
Beretta Vittoria- 12 Ga.
J.P. Sauer & Sohn Type B- 9.3x64mm
ArmaLite AR-10A4- 7.62x51mm
Franchi Highlander- 12 Ga.
Marlin 1894 CB Limited- .41 Magnum
Remington 722- .244 Rem.
and many, many more.

An honest man learns to keep his horse saddled.

Posts: 596 | Location: Lake Andes, SD | Registered: 15 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well multiple questions from multiple posts-so I'll try and knock them all out in one post.

First, .223, I don't remember what I shot the pig with. It was either a Rem 600 in .308, or a Ruger 77 in .25-06 or 7 Mag. I've shot several more that size or larger, but the coyotes made off with the skulls which were wired in the mesquites for the carrion beetles to clean up.

Riodot--I'm 30 miles east of San Antonio, but the Cardinal fan sign is a reflection of my roots--Missouri boy. Ended up in Tx following 30 years in the army.

Stevo-that is actually the back of my garage. I'm fortunate to have a double carport and a 2-car garage with a 10 X 12' extension on the back. And, my biggest whitetail is on the living room wall.

And, I'd have a lot more room if I didn't have so much "stuff."

one of us
Picture of FOsteology
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm 30 miles east of San Antonio

You're in Seguin dustoffer? If so, we should get together sometime as we're neighbors! beer

Posts: 1181 | Location: Texas | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 375 AI
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Thanks for sharing it. The impressive part is that it demonstrates a real love of hunting. I don't know many people with that many racks to their credit. Well done. thumb

one of us
posted Hide Post
.375 AI--

Those racks come from Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Texas, both Hill Country and S. Tx Brush Country. And, yes, I love it. Even though I've shot nothing but spikes and does the past two years, I still keep going back.

One of Us
Picture of Warbird
posted Hide Post
Very personalized..there are many people who would just enjoy the opportunity to have taken some of those racks! Nice One!

-Jamie

Posts: 50 | Location: NC | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With Quote