New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to do with elephant tail?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just wondered what others have done with the tail from their elephant? My trackers made me a wonderful 4-knot bracelet, but what else is there to do with some of the strands. It is a cool display, hanging on the wall, and mine is haired up great. Lots of interest in it.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Once i get a chance to hunt/shoot one i would like to take as many picture as possible have the tail taxidermied then frame it with the pictures of myself and the elephant surrounding it? Haven't got a picture just a dream

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
i always thought i would do something similar to this....maybe a brass cap on the end?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have seen some in an oak box with a glass front with a small bronse plaque stating where and when the elephant was shot. IMO this made for a very nice display.

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks; I had never seen either of those pictures. It definately gives me an idea for a project.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote